Fuel sending unit troubles.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel sending unit troubles.....

Ok, I ordered a new unit from Napa.....Paid the !20 odd dollars, got it home and tards had written 351w on the box, yet the manual in the box said it was a 302 unit, needing a electric fuel pump, soooo anyone know where I could just get the float, or even the whole unit at that, just need the piece that FITS.....

-Wes
    sigpic1991 Crown Vic 351w 5.8L

The sending units are all the same. The electric pump is on the opposite side of the tank in a seperate hanger. Or it should be, unless you have one of those wierdo models that has the pump and float on one hanger.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Welp, Everyone, found the trouble with me fuel gauge: The Float had sunk.....
      Took it out, checked the hanger to make sure it was the float and seems to be the culprit, full of gas, an every thing.....

Any who, after draining the gas from the lil P.O.S I called Advance auto and found that they make a gas tank repair patch, which I am going to ATTEMPT to plug the hole with......If this grand idea falls through, any one know where I can purchase a brass float?

Thanks all-

-Wes

Comment

Go to the stealership, they are about 7 bucks. DO NOT use that patch, the gas vapors inside the float will ruin it.
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Thanks Tom, only one problem: Out of the two nearest stealerships, one is closed down, and the other is ran by retards that thinks that EVERY panther has either 4.6l or a 302 in it...I even showed them the title...lol They needed the VIN or so they said, them I get a "IDK what that is, its not in our registry that those cars even came with the 5.8L..."

Any other ideas? would an INCY-Tincy lil bit of JB weld or a said epoxy work? Just wondering.....

But thanks for the info Tom...

-Wes

Comment

Doesnt matter, the float should be the same no matter what engine its got. Just take the old one with you and compare them. If it looks the same, use it. Probably one from a same year 5.0 car works.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X