Batteries??!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batteries??!

Hey, Post what brand of battery you have and its Cranking Amps and Cold Cranking Amps here. And opinions on what you recomend, troubles, etc.

I have a Bosch Premium Plus, 1000 CA and 850 CCA
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Optima if you have alot of stuff to run and alot of $$$ around..

But the Auto Zone Duralast Gold is the best by far.
    R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
    Originally posted by MeanVic84
    Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

The two good batteries I have right now are a DieHard "Truck & SUV" battery (~$100 at Sears) and an International replacement battery I bought at a tire store (~$76) when my huge Motorcraft monster I'd bought in about '03 crapped completely out on me in a parking lot last summer. Both of these seem to be pretty good so far, but I'm also trying to be careful not to run them down by leaving my lights on (I used to do that a LOT) and tossing a charger on them if they seem low. I'll have to double-check the CCA ratings ... seems like they're both around 800, but I'll have to check.
      Last edited by 1987cp; 05-08-2008, 11:18 AM.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

INTERSTATE. 1000 CA, 850 CCA. They are excellent batteries.
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Dash it, I once again said "International" instead of "Interstate". Probably because my first Interstate battery was installed in an Oldsmobile International Series.

So, yeah .. the ugly green-topped battery that'll go in the LTD? It's an Interstate. :p

Comment

I use a Motorcraft 27F in teh '82. It's a huge thing. It's been in the car since 2002 and it's still doing fine. It looks like the car has always had a 27F, maybe because of the tow package. I don't think they all came with the 27F.
            In the '88, I think it's a group 65. It's the mid-line (silver) from AutoZone I think.
            1990 Country Squire - under restoration
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - daily beater

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
              Originally posted by MeanVic84
              Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

Kirkland Signature (costco house brand). 1000CCA 850CA. Probably a relabeled interstate. 100 month warranty. ~$72
                Originally posted by gadget73
                There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

i have mostly neverstarts......the lincoln has an economy battery from advance cause walmart was more money

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Neverstart ...

Comment

The Box's battery just died. It was a cheepo Vatozone unit, that was in the car when I bought it. I've been thinking of going ahead with the Side Terminal Swap, since I'm in the market for a new battery anyway.

Does anyone know of a good Side Terminal battery, which will work correctly in my EFI Box?

I have around $160 to spend, which puts me in Optima territory.

Comment

I have the dual battery setup working in Herk (aka the HillbillySUV).
                        The main battery is a Duralast Gold. I don't remember the stats but it was the highest CCA I could get that would physically fit, and the backup battery is a cheapo Neverstart. (there has never been a more accurate pseudonym.

Cranks very fast, and I can jumpstart myself with the flick of a switch.
                        Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                        AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                        Open/Lock/Ratio #
                        -----------------------
                        G / H / 2.26
                        B / C / 2.47
                        8 / M / 2.73
                        7 / - / 3.07
                        Y / Z / 3.08
                        4 / D / 3.42
                        F / R / 3.45
                        5 / E / 3.27
                        6 / W / 3.73
                        2 / K / 3.55
                        A / - / 3.63
                        J / - / 3.85

Comment

ive got an interstate in the 97, ive had it for 4 years or so. it was in the car when i got it. its had a long life in both florida and texas and still works fine. i think im gonna replace it this year since the terminals are now starting to corrode.

ive got a Optima yellow top in the 85. battery is 5-6 years old. goes for long periods of time with no charging still starts with no problem. the 97 is getting a red top when i replace the interstate
                          http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                          http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Originally posted by GoodSamaritan View Post
                            Cranks very fast, and I can jumpstart myself with the flick of a switch.
                            Sounds something like the old Exide SureStarts that had a built-in "spare" within the battery itself. How's your backup system work?

Comment

Interstates (which are what most shops carry) and Duralast (AutoZone brand) are the best by far for the money.

Don't buy an Optima unless you can really justify it.

AND NO WAL-MART BATTERIES.
                              1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                              1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                              1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Working...
                              X