Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lights that dosent want to close...

Hey everyone!

I've got a little problem, i went out in town tonight and suddenly, the middle light on the roof of the car, the door lights, the foot lights and the outside keyhole lights decided to stay lighted. I tought it was a door or the trunk that wasent well closed, i checked everything twice but i didint change nothing.

I also cheked my round headlight switch, its closed and the delay is minimal. The light i told you stayed on while driving and also when parked.

I checked the plastic on/off switch on every door and they seem to work well.

Im out of clue here, can someone help me?

I've got the 1989 Grand Marquis LS model with the 5.0l Motor.

Any help or guess will be greatly apreciated...

Alexandre
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
    2007 Hyundai Accent

If the plastic on/off switches worked then the lights wouldn't be on.

When you have the key in the ignition, does the chime go off? If it does it might be the switch on that door. It might be just that it's not contacting the door as much as it should, so you can turn the plastic around the switch to make the button stick out more. That kinda works like a bolt and a nut set up.

and you made sure the actual light dimmer was turned to the right?
    Last edited by 85crownHPP; 05-03-2008, 05:14 PM. Reason: posts within one minute of each other

Comment

I think you are right, i will have to do more tests...but right now, the battery is dead, I forgot to pull the ground off during the night...Thanks

And if someone thinks it something else, please feel free to drop in!

Alex
      2007 Hyundai Accent

Comment

86vicky should know as he just re did all his lighting!
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX
          and you made sure the actual light dimmer was turned to the right?
          +1. My dad called me and said the light wouldn't go off in my car, and he insisted that the light switch was off. I finally figured it out when he said it was turned the dial to the off position. And I found out he was playing with the headlight delay all this time.
          Originally posted by gadget73
          There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
          91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
          93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
          Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
          Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
          95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
            86vicky should know as he just re did all his lighting!
            Only my exterior lights

Comment

Sounds like the dimmer is turned all the way over and will turn the interior lights on. Try turning the actual headlight switch, not the dimmer timer...

It could also be the door handle switches.....
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
                Sounds like the dimmer is turned all the way over and will turn the interior lights on. Try turning the actual headlight switch, not the dimmer timer...
                That's what I said.

Comment

Well, its strange, it keeps on doing it from time to time, but i found a sequence where it works.

I go out of the car, leave the driver's door open, use my remote control to lock the doors, and then close the drivers door and then the lights go off.

Its weird, and yes i cheked, both the delay lights are at off.

Anyway, thanks!
                  2007 Hyundai Accent

Comment

Remote control to unlock the doors? Hm..... seems weird wiring bugs can be introduced with keyless entry systems. How long have you had the remote door locks?
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                    X