Climate control - Worn out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climate control - Worn out?

I have manual climate control in my 90 Grand Marquis and I noticed that the lever that goes from cold to hot is kind of extra hingey, loose like. If you press it to one sode or the other to hard the silver button will fly off. Its like its pivoting too much. Any thoughts?

Blaze

The lever is broken. I had a 91 GM and it did the same thing. I replace the whole head with out checking the reason it broke and broke the new one. The temp. cable is hanging up on something and you have to fix it before it will work. I sold my GM before I fixed it so I don't know what was wrong with mine. There are also 2 different manual heads for these cars, one is cable and the other is vac.
    89 CV LX 225/60 x 16 tires, CC819 rear springs, Front & rear sway bar, trans & PS cooler from 90 cop car. KYB shocks, F-150 on rear. Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe. Dark brown door panels, carpet, steering wheel, trim parts from a 87 Mer GM. Power front buckets from 96 Jeep Cherokee. LED'S front & rear. 3G Alt from a 97 Taurus wagon 3.0. Electric fan. Rear axle from a 97 PI 3.27 with disk brakes. Headlight relays.

Comment

Working...
    X