Can I do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I do this?

Can I wire this up to be my only wiper switch? I figure get the wiring diagram and find what wires do the mist/wipe and wire it up. Then I could get rid of the column lever...
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

but wouldn't that give you only one wiper speed, and get rid of the variable intermittant feature.?
    My old F-250 has a dash mount wiper switch, rotary two speed with washer. Might want to look into getting one of those.
    1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
    1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
    1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

OK but why ?
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Just to be different :p
        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
          but wouldn't that give you only one wiper speed, and get rid of the variable intermittant feature.?
          My old F-250 has a dash mount wiper switch, rotary two speed with washer. Might want to look into getting one of those.
          Same here, I drive an '85 F-150. Let me tell you, "being different" will soon pale in comparison to inconvenience. That truck's wipers only has two speeds, too fast and way too slow. With one speed, it'll be even worse. Either your wipers will be streaking across the windshield in light rain because they're going too fast, or you'll be blinded by water because they're going too slow.

Trust me, stick with the intermittent switch. Every time it rains (less than a downpour, which the only time those wipers don't go too fast) I wish I had one in that truck. You will too.

Comment

Working...
          X