Toggle Switch For What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toggle Switch For What?

I have a switch that I don't know what it's for. It's located by the steering column down and to the right. Only thing is, I don't know what the hell the thing does. Does anyone have a switch there? And if so, do you know what it's for?

is your car equipped with power antenna? usually that is where the power antenna switch is located
    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Are you talking about the power antenna switch or is it some aftermarket switch put in near that?

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
      1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
      1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Not the power antenna switch.

Comment

passenger side mirror adjustment?

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
          My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

can you post a pic?

Comment

maybe a taliban car bomb igntion switch
              -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
              -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

No not a taliban bomb swich and no it's not the pass mirror adjustment, I have power mirrors. This is it. It's above the power antenna switch.
                Attached Files

Comment

Well that's not a factory piece, I can tell you that much. What happens when you flip the switch? Can you tell where the wires go?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                  1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                  But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

No and it does nothing on or off.

Comment

Then it's probably not connected to anything anymore. If it bugs you, take it out, if not, leave it there to plug the hole.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Maybe a dead fuse. Could it be for some kind of alarm system?

Comment

Any sign of having foglights mounted anywhere?
                          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

i would say remove the panel and follow the wires. maybe there is something about the car you didnt know of. i would just pull the panel and follow the wires. you saw that my car had switches but i installed those. let us know what it goes too.
                            Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Are you aware of the car ever containing any form of aftermarket anti-theft systems? I have an '88 Town Car with an aftermarket system (probably installed around '89 or '90, by the looks of it) and I have a toggle switch under the dashboard. I could never figure out what it was. Last week I was climbing around under the dash and accidentally flipped it. Then when I tried to start the car, nothing happened. Come to find out, it's a switch to kill my starter. Flip the switch and try to start the car, see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X