No announcement yet.

1980 lincoln body bushings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you are my hero!!!!!!!!! so how hard was it to get the body off in one clean piece??? can we do mine next????? I cant imagine how much great stuff you can get done with the body off like that.....
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 351-lincoln
      the black car? its a 86 ford fairmont futura with a 460FE worked to a 510.
      see, i told people i don't know ford motors.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I was about to say, appears to be a fo-siddy...
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by nitroracer
          MMmm Fairmont Futura, big motor, bigs and littles. And it cant be an 86, they only made them from 78-83.
          yeah, brain fart, its an 83, we have had 3 of them so i forget the years because the only diffrence is like the trunk floor pans.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
            I was about to say, appears to be a fo-siddy...
            yep, fox-body. only reson i post is beacuse someone asked

Comment

Originally posted by 351-lincoln
              yep, fox-body. only reson i post is beacuse someone asked

No fear man, we like lookin at all cool cars, not just panthers. This is the easy going place! GMN ROCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
                you are my hero!!!!!!!!! so how hard was it to get the body off in one clean piece??? can we do mine next????? I cant imagine how much great stuff you can get done with the body off like that.....
                its not really hard, you just need to undo any connection between the body and frame and frame. so all the wires and vac lines to the engine, lines to the brake master and the fuel to the tank (also evap) body bolts, shifter links and its go time.
                if anyone really wanted to do this i can do into more detail on some tips and tricks i picked up.

Comment

I meant fo-siddy = 460. lol...

I gotta drop the "treee-fiddy" shit sometime lol
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

so scott sent me some stuff, looks like my old 80s manual really. and none of the numbers work on the web site. so do they exist?

Comment

WOW! I have never seen a panther frame by itself before. That car is secksy. Why did you pull the body off of the frame?

Welcome to GMN!!!!
                      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by grandpaslincoln
                        WOW! I have never seen a panther frame by itself before. That car is secksy. Why did you pull the body off of the frame?

Welcome to GMN!!!!
                        well it involves a plasma cuter, 220 welder and some metal...

Comment

So yeah, what do you plan to do to that Lincoln?

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                            So yeah, what do you plan to do to that Lincoln?
                            full frame wrap and mold. 4 pumps and 10 batterys. some chrome on the underside, clean up the engine (IE. take off the emissions stuff) some 14" zeniths and white walls.

Comment

Very nice Mark VI! Same year as my car (Mark VI)!!!
                              1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                              1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                              1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                              1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

ditto, they seem popular, lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                                X