No announcement yet.

1980 lincoln body bushings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yah, he beefed the shit outta these LCAs, also looks like he reinforced the frame between the rear spring perches... plus of course installing the deeper spring perches - are those so you can run longer coils and thus get more travel and articulation out of the suspension?

Comment

well, really the frame is wrapped from stem to steer in 3/16 steel, all 4 sides, then molded and smoothed. there are also gussets in the perches. yes the "buckets" are there so i can lay the frame on the axle, and still fit 5 turns of coil or so. with the use of some telescopic cylinders ill be able to lock out the rear suspension, which has its own mods....lets just say its the "tow package".
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        A lot of looking was done for these, and they just don't exist anymore. The plan is to use an Energy Suspension generic body mount bushing instead. I have a set for my car, they'll get installed whenever the planets align properly so that all parties involved have time for it.

I see *something* up where the rear spring perches are, but I don't know what they are. Looks like you boxed the stock front lower control arms too?
        really? talk to the ford parts department thats mentioned in this thread? he seemed to think they existed?
        ugh, im not really psyched about using polyurethane. doesn't flex a lot at all. whats the the part number, for summit or jegs....guessing thats where they are coming from.

Comment

energysuspensionparts.com 9.4102g

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

need to make up some spacer washers too to use these mounts.....they are soft poly mang......pretty nice and i was only able to get one oem body mount for test purposes and that one cost me 30 bucks......it's about 220 for the 8 sets of two bushings per box shipped

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

there are a lot of different durometers of poly bushing. These are reasonably soft. Its not that really hard stuff like sway bar endlinks are made from, these feel pretty close to the stock rubber as far as pliability.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Man that looks great! The work on the control arm looks factory. Did you reinforce the ball joint area at all, it looks like a weak spot from the pics.
                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
                  Man that looks great! The work on the control arm looks factory. Did you reinforce the ball joint area at all, it looks like a weak spot from the pics.
                  well, in fact the plates wrap clean around the ball joint knuckle. very thick in that area. also, it should not get pulled on very hard as my lowers will be chained.
                  Last edited by 351-lincoln; 01-30-2008, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
                    need to make up some spacer washers too to use these mounts.....they are soft poly mang......pretty nice and i was only able to get one oem body mount for test purposes and that one cost me 30 bucks......it's about 220 for the 8 sets of two bushings per box shipped
                    so it needs washers because they really don't fit all that well?

Comment

Ah OK....

The body mounts OD is a tad less than the ID of the frame mount. That's the issue. I need to get my butt in gear and get working on mine. The body moves all over the place on my car and ripped the steering column apart.
                      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
                        Ah OK....

The body mounts OD is a tad less than the ID of the frame mount. That's the issue. I need to get my butt in gear and get working on mine. The body moves all over the place on my car and ripped the steering column apart.
                        o wow, moves that much with out the washer type deal. i could easily cut plates and weld them inside the frame. Im still up in the air over all this. I do thank you guys for all your helpful input.
                        im going to have to go over each of my bushings and see just what kind of shape they are in. they all seemed to be in very good shape. just a few had there little metal rings pulled off when i pulled them off the frame.

Comment

I will cosidering my Lincoln Mark VI will need off-frame restoration soon.
                          1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                          1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                          1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                          1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

That looks SHARP! wow that is a beefy frame Good work man...Just wow!
                            YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

So what is your guess on how much this thing is going to weigh all said and done? And dear god I feel sorry for whomever is unlucky enough to get in a head on with that car, because they are going to get PWNED

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic View Post
                                So what is your guess on how much this thing is going to weigh all said and done? And dear god I feel sorry for whomever is unlucky enough to get in a head on with that car, because they are going to get PWNED
                                anyone hits my baby, im going to have to kill them twice. the car weighed in at 4100lbs at the co-op. with 12 group 31 batteries=720, 4 pumps=150, all the steel to wrap the frame and the pump and battery rack... im thinking mid 5000s some where.

Comment

Working...
                                X