Which year F150 front shocks fit the rear of boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

99 2wd front

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Could 2wd be shorter than 4wd? The truck sits lower

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Looks like 96 might work better. I'm gonna stay with what I've got instead of messing with it any more.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

you want the rear shocks from an F150, not the front.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

KYB 565010 looks to be almost an exact match for our rear shocks. only about 1.5 inch longer compressed and extended. It doesn't have a fixed shroud over the rod, but comes with a flex boot. If I continue to have motion sickness issues with the Gas-A-Justs... I'll probably get these. Looks to be a MUCH closer fit than the other options I've found so far. It's listed as 4" lowered... which could be why.
            Last edited by sly; 10-19-2014, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Stats comparison of the KYB shocks...

KYB Gas-A-Just KG5521 MonoMax 565010
              Extended Length (in) 20.08 21.54
              Compressed Length (in) 12.32 13.58
              Stroke (in) 7.76 7.95
              Cover Yes Yes
              Rebound Stop No Yes
              Bump Stop No No
              Upper Mount S1 S1
              Lower Mount E1 E2(12x38)
              That rebound stop is the important part for me. Looks like what Thain said about pressing out that shell is right for those E2 bottoms. I may also use the old wasted rubbers from the old shocks if I still have them as spacers to keep the shock body off the axle if needed.

Comment

Just got a green handshake at work for recognition for acts of awesome... so I can get the shocks for $12 out of pocket. Here we go...

Comment

got the shocks... they're installed... getting that inner shell out is a bitch... but it got done... putting the shock on was interesting... Will post in the FAQ.

Comment

Working...
                  X