No announcement yet.

Completed a rear disc brake conversion have a issue though

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

doesn't an 89 use the fluid level sensor and not a pressure switch?

Also, the parking brake kicks that same light on, though possibly its seperate with the digital dash.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It's got a metal reservoir master like the older panthers. TownCars are weird.

Comment

bled the brakes again and the light and brake pressure warning light still were on so i just disconnected the plug from the proportioning valve to shut the damn light and brake pressure warning off. the cars brakes work fine there more responsive than before with drum brakes and no signs of leaks. i dont think my stock proportioning valve likes the disc brakes on the back which is why its throwing on the light and brake pressure warning.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
        -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
        1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

usually when the "you're going to die" light comes on, its wise to pay attention to it or at least be absolutely sure that its lying to you. The discs won't make the light come on. That light is wired off a shuttle valve that moves when one circuit or the other has low pressure. Not sure if that prop valve has a reset button sort of thing or not but normally when the shuttle valve moves, it shuts off fluid flow to whichever side is low. Possible its just sticky and the light is BS but you really don't want to assume its kosher without being 100% sure.
          Last edited by gadget73; 09-05-2013, 05:18 PM.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Plug it back in, turn on the ignition and with the handle of a screw driver, hit the valve. See if the brake light and pressure warnings go out. if that's the case, it was just stuck. If not, I'd suspect either an actual issue or bad switch.

Comment

Yeah will have to do that.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
              -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
              1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Working...
              X