Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost rear swaybar bolt,spacer and nut where can I source locally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost rear swaybar bolt,spacer and nut where can I source locally?

Hi,
    I have had a bad rattle coming from the rear the past couple of days on the 1991 Grand Marquis. I looked underneath and found the rear sway bar bolts are loose. One is missing entirely. Does anyone know the size of the bolt, spacer and nut?
    Also do you know where I can pick them up locally at a parts store? I am willing to pay for and have shipped if anyone has a spare(s). I knew it would happen 10 months ago when I put the rear sway bar on.

Thank you,
    Mike
    90 Colony Park LS with GT 40 heads and intake. HO cam, 65 MM TB, 67 MM EGR spacer. Has a 75 MM Pro Flow mass air sensor. Borla XS mufflers. 3L55. Shift kit, 2000 stall Tq convertor...Bilstein shocks, front and rear sway bars.
    90 Colony Park LS 64,000 miles all original. 3L55 tow package....front and rear sway bars.
    91 Grand Marquis GS....HO motor..Bilstein shocks poly bushings and police swaybars. This one handles the best.
    70 Torino Squire with M code 351 Cleveland 3.00 has Magnaflow mufflers. Hidden headlights and power windows. All original

most hardware stores with loose bolts should have the bolt and nut (pinch nut I would think to keep it from coming back off), but the spacer may be hard to find other than a yard or special order. I'd take the other bolt off and just take that into a store and see if they can batch it up with some grade 8 or stronger stuff.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
      most hardware stores with loose bolts should have the bolt and nut (pinch nut I would think to keep it from coming back off), but the spacer may be hard to find other than a yard or special order. I'd take the other bolt off and just take that into a store and see if they can batch it up with some grade 8 or stronger stuff.
      I was going to go downstairs on go through my parts for you but X1 on this. On the spacer, just cut a heavy piece of pipe.

Comment

the bolts are metric, just under 1/2" IIRC, metric bolts are several times the cost of standard. Id say to run a 1/2" drill through the hole to open it up, and add a 1/2" x whatever legnth you need grade 8 bolt with a nylock nut. as for a spacer, get a stack of grade 8 1/2" washers and use that stack as your spacer, tack welding them together would be best, but not required.
        http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
        http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Pull A Part in Columbia has plenty of the boxes in stock. http://www.pullapart.com

I can swing by there on Monday the 24th when I get back from my trip (I'm leaving tomorrow) and grab what you need off of an unsalted car. Sounds easy enough. I just need to know what years to look at.
          -Nick M.
          Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
          03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Hi Nick,
            I sent you an pm about some parts to look for.
            Thank you everyone else for the input in helping me with this difficult period. haha
            90 Colony Park LS with GT 40 heads and intake. HO cam, 65 MM TB, 67 MM EGR spacer. Has a 75 MM Pro Flow mass air sensor. Borla XS mufflers. 3L55. Shift kit, 2000 stall Tq convertor...Bilstein shocks, front and rear sway bars.
            90 Colony Park LS 64,000 miles all original. 3L55 tow package....front and rear sway bars.
            91 Grand Marquis GS....HO motor..Bilstein shocks poly bushings and police swaybars. This one handles the best.
            70 Torino Squire with M code 351 Cleveland 3.00 has Magnaflow mufflers. Hidden headlights and power windows. All original

Comment

Take out the one on the other side, ( use as a guide) get a piece of pipe the right size cut it short enough so you can add a washer on both ends and stick it in. All it is, is a spacer so you don't crush the arm when you tighten the bolt.
              89 CV LX 225/60 x 16 tires, CC819 rear springs, Front & rear sway bar, trans & PS cooler from 90 cop car. KYB shocks, F-150 on rear. Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe. Dark brown door panels, carpet, steering wheel, trim parts from a 87 Mer GM. Power front buckets from 96 Jeep Cherokee. LED'S front & rear. 3G Alt from a 97 Taurus wagon 3.0. Electric fan. Rear axle from a 97 PI 3.27 with disk brakes. Headlight relays.

Comment

Thank you Glen for the advice.
                Pete AKA Mcninetyone has offered me one for free including shipping. He is a great guy as well as everyone else on this forum.

Too bad we all together don't run a multibillion dollar corporation. I bet we would kick a lot of ass as a group.
                My sincere THANKS to everyone who always pitchs in with great advice.

Mike

Comment

The bolt, spacer and nut arrived. THANK YOU PETE!

YOU BE THE MAN!
                  Can I hear a round of applause for a great guy?

Mike

Comment

Clap, Clap, Clap
                    Clap Clap
                    Clap Clap
                    Clap Clap
                    Clap, Clap, Clap
                    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Comment

You're Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                        X