No announcement yet.

ES poly front bushings ('92-'97)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also do I use the washers off the new arm (02) or the original arm (88). I wasn't sure someone had mentioned that the upper arm shaft would hve to be sanded to fit the sleeve so I didn't know what washers to use. Glad u two told me I almost cut those bastards off.

Comment

gotta use the washers and shafts from the box upper arms.......gotta cut the inner sleeves out of the 96-02 uppers if you are using them

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Why are the 02 lower arm bushings so hard to get out

Comment

what are you talking about? they burn out just like any other bushing

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

I got creative on the upper ones to get them out only took 15 minutes the lower ones I've been at it for an 2 hours and thrown somethings lol

Comment

get the propane torch out.......the rubber will come out like a magic snake

Comment

I heated up the sleeve, Used the melted rubber like a lubricant and it just qpushed it out with a C clamp worked like a charm.

Comment

they will fall off easily. The reason I mention all of that is because the new inner sleeve doesn't have teeth like the factory ones the washers can spin and loosen up the nuts. I used new locknuts and lots of lube, AND locktite to keep mine on.
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Locknuts, as in Nylock nuts, or the kind with the end thread deformed?
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

gotta polish those washers use new jam nuts and loctite as mike posted if you dont use loctite they come loose

Comment

Polish washers?

Comment

I polished and painted everything... Everything... Now while performing this in my garage can I lift the car high enough safely with Jack to remove the coils or do I need a compressor.

Comment

Hey my 02 lower arm bushings won't fit to the 88's frame unless I put one Of the bushing in backwards is that ok?

Comment

Hey...I'm replacing my upper control arm bushings and just wanted to confirm that the 4.3153 bushing kit will work on my 82 LTD with a police package...I read that it has threaded bushings? Thanks....
                              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

This is annoying ... I'm getting ready to order from Summit along with other stuff (and a handy discount code ), and the kit is out of stock, projected ship date 11/16. On the other hand, I may not have time to work on it before then anyway .....

Comment

Working...
                                X