• Show
Clear All

Stickied.
    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Upper bushing question does not apply to box body police upper arms since they don't have bushings. 92+ police upper arms have two large bushings, and require a different kit. The kit for it does exist, but I don't know the number.

OK MANG I HAVE THE NEW CATALOG FROM ENERGY SUSPENSION THE PART NUMBER FOR THE POLICE SHOCKS IS #4.3153 THESE ARE FOR POLICE,TAXI OR TOW PACKAGE AND THEY COME COMPLETE NO NEED TO BUY NEW SHELLS UR BURN THE OLD ONES.

ATT, SNIPER 308. "ONE SHOT ONE KILL, NO EXCEPTIONS" The Sniper.
      Last edited by sniper308; 03-29-2006, 06:51 AM.
      MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

Ok Mangs, these are the MOOG lower control arm bushings the problen with the police and LX's are that the LX you have to burn the rubber and then re-use the shell, Ens tell me to burn the rubber without to remove the shell then grease'em with the grease that Ens sell after that put'em and ready the other thing is to buy the complete bushings remove the rubber out of the shell and later put the Ens bushing in the steel shell and you know the rest to install that is a real PITA, I will keep in contact to post pics of the mods to the bushings I'm on plans to buy the complete front set #4.3150G, The "G" is for black but I have to order'em in red "R"

ATT, SNIPER 308. HARDCORE LORD OF THE "M" ZONE.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by sniper308; 03-26-2006, 10:11 PM.
        MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

yeah, this is the same poly kit I got. cool thing about it, it came with poly spring isolators too.

only problem I ran into was the Police car upper control arms use 2 of the large bushings the kit came with one small, one large.
          2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
          89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
          88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

They sell a police kit too, I found it when I bought my set, but unfortunately I didn't note the number.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yeah, the police kit uses the same size lower control arm bushings and same size upper bushings.
              civilian stuff has one bushing larger than the other on both upper and lower arms.

this is the place that has the best prices; http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/

4.3153 is correct kit for the police car.
              2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
              89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
              88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Anyone know what size the nuts and the heads of the bolts that hold the control arms are? I'll have to buy sockets and a 1/2 breaker bar for them, so I wanna make sure I got the right tools before I take things apart.

Comment

7/8" maybe? Pick up a 1/2" drive socket set and you'll have it. Believe it or not, that really cheap set of impact sockets from Harbor Freight is decent. Scott has a set and they get used all the time with the impact gun. No breakage so far, and I've seen the set on sale for like $20 before. Its the Pittsburgh set in the metal case. You'll also need a wrench for the other side of the bolt.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That socket set is a good idea, I'll combine it with a longass breaker bar and I should be good. For the bolts on the lower control arm I have a 12" adjustable wrench to hold one side while I fight the other with the socket-bar combo.

Comment

lower arm bolts are 13/16"........upper shaft nuts are 7/8" and shaft to frame bolts are 13/16"

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania
                        lower arm bolts are 13/16"........upper shaft nuts are 7/8" and shaft to frame bolts are 13/16"
                        Shaft to frame bolts really are 13/16" nut the upper arm nuts are more like 24mm, which would be more like 15/16". Dunno about the lower bolts, couldn't get to them with the calipers without jacking the car up, but they are bigger than 13/16" too.

Comment

I was getting ready to make a thread about getting the bushings out and wanted to include this info, so I have trimmed the last 8 posts out of this thread into and new one, and added my own input here:

Suspension, Chassis, Drivetrain, Brakes. Everything to do with handling. Also includes transmission discussions.
                          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I have a 88 Lincoln with 02 upper arm and original lower. The last part i need is the bushings, ES poly said they didn't have bushings for my application when I called. Does anyone know where I can get what in need, and are the upper bushings Thales same as the bottom.

Comment

Did you ask for bushings for an '88 Lincoln? You should be asking for bushings for a '92-'97 Crown Vic.

Comment

Yeah sorry I meant 1993 control arms I have a week to prepare for this and I'm scatter brained right now. I have '93 control arms and I need Poly bushings for those, I can't find the bushings I need. Maybe when I called they just didn't care does anyone maybe have the part number I need for the top and bottom. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X