No announcement yet.

What kind of suspension do I have???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it normal that every morning when I go to start the car the compressor kicks in for like 2-4 minutes?
    "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
    -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
    -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
    -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

yes. and it could also indicate that there is a very small leak in the system somewhere.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yeah I think so cause I loaded it with tools in the back and it hardly went up. Where do these air lines run under the car? Are they rubber and metal?

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
        -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

that I don't know. I've never actually had one or seen the diagrams, I just know a lot of the theory behind the way it works.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Do you know where I can to learn more about this?

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
            -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

read up on ride leveling suspension via google searches and the like. That's how I found out. That and reading the threads here.

Comment

plastic lines. Compressor is under the hood, plastic line runs along the frame on the driver's side. Make sure the shocks are even there first. If they are original, I'm sure they are toast by now.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Do the plastic lines leak???

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                  -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

if they get holes in them. I would wager at the fittings or the ties that hold them in place along the body.

Comment

Its seldom the line unless it gets broken. the leaks are almost always at the connection points. Soapy water will tell you. Look at the air shocks too. if they are original, I'll guarantee that air bladder is cracked. Also, the thing vents when you get out of the car because its lost some weight. Get back in, and it gains weight so it has to trim again. Having the compressor run for a few seconds when you start the car is normal.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ok, I will use the soapy water trick. At least I don't have to worry about deactivating any suspension thigns like the airpsrings, lol

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                        -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Working...
                        X