No announcement yet.

got to replace the gas tank, input?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went with a new Spectra tank from rock, will post this all up when I do it.

Still Sly, I must be really thick on this. The plastic bucket mounts to the quarter skin, right? Then the rubber pocket, not a grommet, goes where?
    I will be replacing the tank so what you are saying is that after I sort out the fill end (bucket, pocket, pipe) of the assembly, to insert the lower end of the tube in the tank (with grommet/seal) while the tank is going in before you put it in final position?
    Last edited by jaywish; 04-30-2013, 04:07 PM.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>06 Mustang Bullet Rims 235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

correct... and IIRC, it goes on the inside of the bucket... sandwiched between the bucket and the flange of the filler neck that you have to snake into the bucket and down to the tank. Essentially, the part that has the threads for the bolts goes on the back and the filler neck flange is the part the bolts rest on in the bucket. Been a while since I did this.

scratch that... just double checked the picture from my Mark. The rubber seal should go behind the bucket and snake the filler neck down through both the bucket and then the neck seal.

here's a pic of the patch job I did before getting the replacement parts on my Mark. Should be the same order on all boxes/wagons.

you can see the rubber seal on the back side of the bucket which puts the filler neck on the inside of the bucket.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

This is what mine looks like at the moment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130502_155512[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	1272240Click image for larger version

Name:	20130502_155424[1].jpg
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	1272241

Mine has been futzed with. You can see the bottom of the coffee can in the first picture.

If I use the three "new parts shown in my earlier post, I am not sure where this part "the pocket" goes or at least attaches.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20130422_102135.jpg
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	1272242

Is there some attachment point for the "pocket" that is hidden? The pocket mounting holes do not mount up to the "new" plastic bucket or the fill pipe.
        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>06 Mustang Bullet Rims 235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

if the holes don't line up no matter what way you rotate it, you may have been given the wrong part. Take it back and ask them if they provided the correct part. The holes have to line up so the bolts can go through them.

maybe take the bucket with and show them the misalignment.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Someone suggested that when I rip out the old stuff I will see the mounting for the rubber pocket. Make sense?
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

that's true too. Though like I said... the mount holes should match up or it won't work.

Comment

Working...
              X