swap TC air springs need wire diagrams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Thanks for finding the page. This idea may not work. The steering wheel speed sensor and the transmission speed sensor seeming to be the most problematic. Who knew it was that sophisticated. It will require more research.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>06 Mustang Bullet Rims 235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

should be a direct fit for any 92+... but for boxes... yeah... probably a PITA.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The steering wheel and vss stuff is because the air suspension controller also runs the variable rate steering. You should be able to leave those sensors out of the mix and just have it run the air springs.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I did a little reading on this. It seems that the computer module also controls the variable orifice power steering. That is why it needs a steering wheel speed input. So I do not believe that would not be necessary for the air system to operate.

The thing I do not know about is the VSS from the tranny. Is there a way to rig up a VSS input for this module?

Jay
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>06 Mustang Bullet Rims 235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Also the svgview.exe that I used for vista seemed to install on ver7 though it did not show as finishing the install. Either way I can see the ford dick graphics again.
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
              Also the svgview.exe that I used for vista seemed to install on ver7 though it did not show as finishing the install. Either way I can see the ford dick graphics again.
              Sorry to hear that. I wouldn't have made the suggestion if I'd know it would show you dick graphics.

The VSS is also related to the variable rate steering stuff. The idea is you get more boost at lower road speeds. If you aren't using that part of it, theres no reason to hook it up. OTOH, if you're inclined to have a box with variable rate steering, a 1990 Towncar steering pump is the other piece of the puzzle, though you'd need to work out how to mount the steering wheel speed sensor.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yes those gay ford graphics are not what I expected.

I believe the vss also is input to the ars(air ride system) functions. The ars has two modes, instant correction which is used @0-14mph and an average height mode for speeds 15mph and over, so it needs some sort of speed input to switch modes.
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

just tap the wire from the VSS for that. no biggy there.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Ok, so the older transmissions have an electrical speed sender.
                    02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

may i suggest a large hammer for the computer?

yes paper manuals will always be better

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                        Ok, so the older transmissions have an electrical speed sender.
                        yeah, its what the cruise runs from. Tailshaft where the speedo cable hooks up. Its the thing with the 2 wire plug.

hadn't realized they had 2 different height correction modes on the Towncar. I know on the Mark VIII, it lowers the car once it gets to some speed for improved aerodynamics. I had actually considered a way to integrate that on my Mark VII, but then thought better of it and elected to leave the perfectly working stock system alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                          may i suggest a large hammer for the computer?

yes paper manuals will always be better
                          I find a good large size hammer always scares them into submission.
                          02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

The TC/CV/GM system is not as sophisticated as the mark VIII. It does not have two different ride heights, it just moves from an instant calculation of needed adjustments based on current height sensor data to an average of height sensor data taken over time used to determine if and what adjustments are necessary.

Certainly a good running system always makes me hesitate before "improving" it.
                            02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              .... I had actually considered a way to integrate that on my Mark VII, but then thought better of it and elected to leave the perfectly working stock system alone.
                              I'm in awe of your self control.

Pete
                              For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                              1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                              1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

well, that and I "lowered" the car once via the height sensor adjustments and it drove horribly. The fox body suspension does not handle height changes very well. I was half afraid if the car lowered while driving, it would go from driving normally to handling like total crap and I'd wreck it or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X