No announcement yet.

Shocks with speedway springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My truck ate monroes at a set every year. When it started to dart across the center line after hitting a bump, it was time. Two to three years on the grand marquis. My Nova's, monroes lasted quite a bit longer. Long enough that I never really considered them a POS.

Alex.

Comment

When I changed out the stockers on my 97 MGM with gas a justs the difference was appreciable, and they weren't even the police ones.

Pete
      Originally posted by gadget73
      For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
      1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
      1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

My shocks and springs are all original at 105k, and still doing great. If I'm lucky they will outlast the car, it even sits level on flat ground.
        2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

I installed a set of the Monroe severe service "cop shocks" on the front of a '85 caprice last year. Made a world of difference. Sold the car to a friend who told me he had to make a 100 mph hospital run in it. He said the front end never floated once.

Just a thought,
          maybe not a good one,
          but just a thought

Comment

Most of the shocks you have come up with are for factoryish springs not 925# springs. You have to look at street stock circle track ones. Best to install springs and measure the distance between mounting points and find street stock circle track units with proper ends and would be at about half stroke with car at rest. OEM replacements are for 400 to 500 ish rate springs.
            Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
            X