mustang governor obsolete from Ford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mustang governor obsolete from Ford

The E8ZZ 7C063 A governor is obsolete, or so my local Ford dealer tells me.

Junkyard is an obvious source. Any other ideas on where to get one of these?

Got the PN from this thread:

Just because a part is obsolete, doesn't mean that it's not still available. A real dealership with a respectable parts guy who has been there for years would actually take time out of his day to locate said part...

Comment

I think its Green Sales that has a stock of obsolete Ford parts. http://www.greensalescompany.com/
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

you can also just order an aftermarket one from summit, they usueally sell them in shift kits, im pretty sure you can buy them by them selves though
        89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
          Just because a part is obsolete, doesn't mean that it's not still available. A real dealership with a respectable parts guy who has been there for years would actually take time out of his day to locate said part...
          There is a ford dealer about 35 miles from me who's parts guy will do whatever he can to find a part, theres usually one in a warehouse somewhere. The one ten minutes from home refuses to even look up anything made before 2000, they just point you towards the lot and tell you it's time to find something new.
          2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
            There is a ford dealer about 35 miles from me who's parts guy will do whatever he can to find a part, theres usually one in a warehouse somewhere. The one ten minutes from home refuses to even look up anything made before 2000, they just point you towards the lot and tell you it's time to find something new.
            That's why I love Lester. He's the parts guy at the Winner Ford Dealership. Which coincidentally was where my car was bought from way back when. He helped me find a slew of obsolete parts. Like the white collar that likes to break for the shift indicator. The black lever where that cable attaches to as well. He also helped me locate the brass TV cable bushing. Which is also obsolete from Ford.

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
              you can also just order an aftermarket one from summit, they usueally sell them in shift kits, im pretty sure you can buy them by them selves though
              From what I can tell, the governor parts that come in the shift kits increase the shift rpm to 5500, which would be a little steep with the current setup in my daily-driven car. I think I've read that the stock Mustang version shifts at 4800 at WOT.

Called a second dealer and told the guy what the first dealer said, hoping that would motivate him to be the hero. He looked it up and said that no dealer would still have it.

Tried Dallas Mustang, since they are semi-local to me, and they don't have it.

I've searched on line a lot, including transmission parts companies and sites that specialize in AODs, and can't find it.

Looks like a junkyard or Mustang dismantler is the best bet. I might try a local transmission shop and see if they have any shot AODs that they would part out.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                That's why I love Lester. He's the parts guy at the Winner Ford Dealership. Which coincidentally was where my car was bought from way back when. He helped me find a slew of obsolete parts. Like the white collar that likes to break for the shift indicator. The black lever where that cable attaches to as well. He also helped me locate the brass TV cable bushing. Which is also obsolete from Ford.
                When I had my 89 LTC one of the parts guys at Echelon Ford went out of their way to get me the wheel well trim I needed. He tracked it down to a dealer in CA.
                2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                Past Panthers
                1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by pollock View Post
                  From what I can tell, the governor parts that come in the shift kits increase the shift rpm to 5500, which would be a little steep with the current setup in my daily-driven car. I think I've read that the stock Mustang version shifts at 4800 at WOT.

Called a second dealer and told the guy what the first dealer said, hoping that would motivate him to be the hero. He looked it up and said that no dealer would still have it.

Tried Dallas Mustang, since they are semi-local to me, and they don't have it.

I've searched on line a lot, including transmission parts companies and sites that specialize in AODs, and can't find it.

Looks like a junkyard or Mustang dismantler is the best bet. I might try a local transmission shop and see if they have any shot AODs that they would part out.
                  thats awfly odd your having a hrd time finding one. did you try looking up for a mark vii? same thing as mustang ecept cushier. im not sure but i dont think it would shift at 5500 unless your doing a WOT shit, and even then you can kinda "manually shift it by taking your foot of the gas and then back on again, but tthat trick takes timeing and knowing your shift points. and i would look at stangs in a yard or a mark vii they both have aods and both are the higher rev, but i also changed the shift points by adjusting tv pressure,and also not driving in OD until about 70 and that was with a K code rear
                  89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
                    unless your doing a WOT shit
                    I only do that after eating too many hot wings.

Yesterday I found www.fordparts.com (I know, seems too obvious), which seems to be an official Ford resource for discontinued parts. The E8ZZ 7C063 A governor was listed, for about $15 bucks. I placed the order, but today I got an email saying the part is obsolete and I'm SOL.

So apparently it's junkyard/used or bust.

Comment

call some local transmission shops... you might be able to get one through them or find out their supplier.

Might also try www.latemodelrestoration.com

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                      X