Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Economical tire prices

Hi,

Playing off of a recent thread of mine about driving problems with old tires. I found this website while looking for used tires, as suggested by one boarder. http://www.usedtirewarehouse.com/buy-tires-online.htm

New tires at a pretty damn good prices.

I still have my original 15" steel rims. So just in case I don't want to get tires to fit the Centerline 7" and 8" rims, I can get tires for the 6.5"s.
    It'll feel odd moving back to the OEM rims, but my wallet at this point can only go so far. Vogue or Coker will need to wait.
    sigpic
    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2DR
    302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")
    COBRA 25LTD CB with/ Wilson 500 whip antenna.

Ok......

Made mistake there..

This place actually ships to your location of choosing, not just the state of MA.

http://www.tirebuyer.com/tirebuyerwicket/home/
    sigpic
    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2DR
    302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")
    COBRA 25LTD CB with/ Wilson 500 whip antenna.

Comment

You should also look at TireRack.com or DiscountTireDirect.com. DTD's prices include shipping, got to keep that in mind when their prices look high compared to Tire Rack's. Tire Rack sells only well-known brands like Goodyear, BFG, Firestone, Yokohama, Kumho, etc., and their customer reviews are very handy when wondering if a cheap tire will meet your performance needs. And $68/ea for Yokohama Avids isn't too bad (the Avid Touring-S is actually what we got for my wife's car a year or two back, and they're quite decent in rain and snow).

Lincolnmania has a site or two where he sources Chinese-made tires that he says are actually quite good. Seems Sigma is one of the brands they're marketed under.
      Last edited by 1987cp; 11-22-2011, 01:06 PM.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
      X