X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

before and after pics of wagon coils/ f150 shocks

when i picked up the car last month

after installing the wagon coils/ 99 f150 shocks in the rear

as you can see quite a difference, sorry the pics aren't the greatest but you get the idea
    Last edited by etizz; 11-01-2011, 01:38 PM.

very nice!
    glad you found the information.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Looks much better.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Looks good.
        Can you pop under there and measure from the inner frame rail straight down to the top of the axle tube? I'm trying to compare how the moog wagon coils measure up to proper wagon coils.

Alex.

Comment

Now you need bigger tires.
          1989 Grand Marquis LS
          flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Are those regular wagon coils or cargo coils? I may want some stiffer springs for my heavy Lincoln but I don't want it raised up too much. It has a slight rake now but that could be due to worn front springs.
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

GM_Guy
              Looks good.
              Can you pop under there and measure from the inner frame rail straight down to the top of the axle tube? I'm trying to compare how the moog wagon coils measure up to proper wagon coils.

Alex.
              i will tomorrow when i get off work
              Southern_Pride
              Now you need bigger tires.
              i agree...lol too bad it wouldn't be too practical for winter

88Vic
              Are those regular wagon coils or cargo coils? I may want some stiffer springs for my heavy Lincoln but I don't want it raised up too much. It has a slight rake now but that could be due to worn front springs.
              these are coils from a ford country squire wagon im not sure if i know the difference between cargo/ wagon coils

Comment

Probably not then, the cargo coils are variable rate springs.
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

And aftermarket. If the spring looked evenly coiled top to bottom its a single rate spring. Variable rate has coils spaced close together at one end, and farther apart going to the other end.

Alex.

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
                    And aftermarket. If the spring looked evenly coiled top to bottom its a single rate spring. Variable rate has coils spaced close together at one end, and farther apart going to the other end.

Alex.
                    actually the springs i got were variable spring rate then, and im gonna go measure that thing in a minute

Comment

Working...
                    X