Holes for rear swaybar not lined up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Piece-it pete View Post
    Big front sway bar + poly sway bar bushings + rear sway bar = world of win.

6 bolts and it could be yours!

Pete
    Or 4 bolts plus two Sawzallings, more likely.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by Piece-it pete View Post
      Big front sway bar + poly sway bar bushings + rear sway bar = world of win.
      this

Ive installed a half dozen or so rear bars and its been about 50/50 bend or no bend
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

'Sawzallings' LOL!

Pete
        Originally posted by gadget73
        For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
        1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
        1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Yeah, endlinks like to rust solid around here. Most I've removed, even the sleeve was very hard to get off, even after cutting through the bolt in the middle.

Comment

my sawzall was not in working order, so it was 2 hacksawings for me. Good for the pecs and triceps, not good for a busy schedule.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I'm gonna have to keep an eye out in the Pick-N-Pull for PI sway bars, my Lincoln needs them bad. I'd love a set of those and new factory shocks (keeping my stock springs for now, so stiffer shocks later) because my car as it is doesn't feel stable at all. I don't need it to handle like an autocross car but I just want it to feel like all 4 wheels have traction in the corners.
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                I'm gonna have to keep an eye out in the Pick-N-Pull for PI sway bars, my Lincoln needs them bad. I'd love a set of those and new factory shocks (keeping my stock springs for now, so stiffer shocks later) because my car as it is doesn't feel stable at all. I don't need it to handle like an autocross car but I just want it to feel like all 4 wheels have traction in the corners.
                Well, I can personally attest to the fact that even the skinny 3/4" bar feels fantastic compared to nothing at all. I think they charged me all of $8 for mine!

Comment

That's a lot less than I was expected, figured they'd be like 20 bucks each. I'd like to get the PI bars, since im gonna go to the trouble of putting them on I want the best ones. I'm also on the lookout for wagon corner engine bay bracing bars and anything else that can beef up the handling of this boat.

Once I get all the suspension and brake work done, the rest is easy. This thing has enough power for me, since I just cruise to get better mileage and since I like cruising, all I plan on doing is the exhaust, smog pump delete and possibly a cold air intake. Beyond that i'm not gonna spend money on the lopo, just those three things will be plenty and keep the mileage where I like it, it's the suspension that needs a lot of work.

Comment

Installing a factory rear swaybar is very easy. Not much of a question of "going to the trouble".

Drilling the holes for the stupid mounting plates for a G-Max or Addco rear bar, that's a lot of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                      Installing a factory rear swaybar is very easy. Not much of a question of "going to the trouble".

Drilling the holes for the stupid mounting plates for a G-Max or Addco rear bar, that's a lot of trouble.
                      Fuck those stupid U bolt brackets for that damn Addco bar!

Comment

Thanks to a miscommunication a couple of weeks ago I now have all this stuff if anybody is still interested.

Front and rear CVPI sway bars with mounting hardware for a box, Cleaned and Detailed.
                        Rear CVPI LCA's drilled and with the lip turned down to mount the sway bar like Ford did, also C&D
                        Wagon underhood corner bracing brackets, same as the others C&D

Just PM me!
                        Last edited by mcninetyone; 11-03-2011, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                          Fuck those stupid U bolt brackets for that damn Addco bar!
                          For sure. I did mention the U-bolt that broke when I went to install my G-max bar, right? And at the time I couldn't find a proper replacement ANYWHERE and ended up using wire-fence U-bolts instead. It's since occurred to me that I could possibly have used 9" pinion yoke U-bolts instead, but I didn't know about them at the time, and I certainly didn't know about specialty bolt suppliers.

I can only assume that the stupid U-bolt brackets allow them to supply just one bar for several different applications and thus reduce costs on their end. The retail price didn't seem particularly cheap, though, but maybe it'd have been even more if they didn't do that routine?
                          Last edited by 1987cp; 11-03-2011, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcninetyone View Post
                            Thanks to a miscommunication a couple of weeks ago I now have all this stuff if anybody is still interested.

Front and rear CVPI sway bars with mounting hardware for a box, Cleaned and Detailed.
                            Rear CVPI LCA's drilled and with the lip turned down to mount the sway bar like Ford did, also C&D
                            Wagon underhood corner bracing brackets, same as the others C&D

Just PM me!
                            Where are you located? If shipping is too much i'll find my own.

Comment

Working...
                            X