Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My second muffler is busted up.Replace? (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My second muffler is busted up.Replace? (pics)

Okay so I hit a big ass rock and it messed up my second muffler. From the pics, do you think theres any problems with it? I just dont want it to constrict the flow too much or whatever.
    edit, pics wouldnt go in. here are the links.

Last edited by deepsleep; 01-26-2010, 08:42 PM.
    88 MGM 5.0 stock

Depends on the flow path inside it, but if it was real quiet before chances are it's a triple-pass-thru setup and it's seriously effed up now. I'd replace it regardless.

Comment

That looks like it must leak around were the pipe enters it, Id replace it if you could afford to.
      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

mufflers are like 50-100 bucks right? Maybe I'll just take the muffler off till I get a little more cash as this isnt a safety problem.
        88 MGM 5.0 stock

Comment

It shouldnt cause any issues if it isnt hitting or dragging, If you cant afford it I would leave it as is till you can.
          "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

leave it on until you're ready to replace it. Looks like its not original and the piping around it was sort of fabbed up anyhow. You're more likely to get a ticket or something with loud exhaust, and that will put off repairs.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

JEEEZ... Well I got under it and took a good look and the thing is messed up. The pipe right behind the muffler smashed into the rear axle thingy that goes from wheel to wheel. I just spent like a freakin hour trying to the fucking thing off but it wont come off. I got the stupid hanger things and U clip things but it wont freakin come off!!

Now its just hanging there and its now night time. because of the damage when I turn the piping around, the piping on the engine side of the muffler just stays still and the other side (along w/muffer) just spins around together so it doesnt loosen up the joints.

I think I'll just have to cut the damn thing off. Well, I guess I'm taking the bus to class tomorrow.
              88 MGM 5.0 stock

Comment

how does it sound?
                Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by cld783 View Post
                  how does it sound?
                  quiet? lol.
                  88 MGM 5.0 stock

Comment

Exhaust is over rated just run it right off the h pipe like most of the kids with there "yotas" here at school, sounds Really good.
                    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Working...
                    X