I have no idea where this from but :drool:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea where this from but :drool:

i did a search for "crown victoria lowering springs" on google and I came across a forum where someone asked if anyone made them. But this is what I found

2" Drop In the Front and 2.5" Drop in the Rear Thanks to My New Springs From http://www.coilsprings.com

Im assuming it came from CVN because they were talking a lot about it, and I had gotten quote from coilsprings.com and a 2 inch drop cost about 350 bucks, but after seeing this pic, I think it might be worth it.
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

It's a guy named phil...

Comment

thanks for the link outlaw, and now we know what shocks he runs (with 12 inch wide rear tires )

I want to do this
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Yea, he's on CVN as CVPI_GT. Definitely one of the nicest 92's I've seen.
        92 Ford Crown Victoria GT I originaly baught this car in september of 2007 for $800 I have done a few modifications and many repairs over the year and some change. Repair. Heater Core Starter Starter Wiring New Kenwood Head unit Shocks Valve Cover Gaskets Oil Filter Housing Gasket All 4 …
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

You don't have to spend $350 to lower your car 2" with springs. All you really need is a Sawzall.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
            You don't have to spend $350 to lower your car 2" with springs. All you really need is a Sawzall.
            Or a torch, I dont like the dropped look though Id cram some rubber under the rears and tuck some up in the front a bit smaller to clearance, thats just me.
            "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

speedway motors springs are a heck of alot cheaper

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

do not torch springs. ever. It takes the temper out of them, and they become a spiral piece of metal wire instead of a spring. Given some time, the car will just sink itself right on down to the bump stops and then you can't get out of your driveway. Cutting them is also dicey since it won't bring the spring rate up enough to compensate for the reduction in suspension travel. Too low with soft springs and you're bouncing off the bump stops constantly. Stiffer springs will let you go lower without getting beat up. Tom's car rides very nicely with it's higher rate lowering springs.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Just joking about the torch, not that I havent seen it done.
                  "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                  1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    Too low with soft springs and you're bouncing off the bump stops constantly.
                    True, probably don't want to cut for a 2" drop when starting with 390 lb/in civvie springs. Might be somewhat more reasonable if starting with 440s, and it's entirely reasonable if starting with 700s.

And to be fair, I guess we can't really cut rear springs since they have a pigtail on each end, unless maybe you were to redo the top or bottom spring perch.

Comment

That '92 is sublime. IIRC, he was thinking about selling it not too long ago. A drop looks good on a clean Aero. Drop a box more than an inch or so, and I think it looks retarded, thanks to a decent 'shop done by a member here.

Comment

I know, you need to drop an aero around some 265/50/15s for a true flashback-to-1992 tuner look. Blackwall out, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                          True, probably don't want to cut for a 2" drop when starting with 390 lb/in civvie springs. Might be somewhat more reasonable if starting with 440s, and it's entirely reasonable if starting with 700s.

And to be fair, I guess we can't really cut rear springs since they have a pigtail on each end, unless maybe you were to redo the top or bottom spring perch.
                          this was actually what I was wondering, if I were to get speedway springs (at least for the front) I have no problem with cutting those down an inch or so (its cheaper) what spring rate to go with. The rears I would most likely have to order, but that still saves a decent amount of money. So would 700's be enough to knock an inch or so off? or should i go higher.

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                          Drop a box more than an inch or so, and I think it looks retarded, thanks to a decent 'shop done by a member here.
                          Honestly most photoshops and similair things of that nature are an inaccurate as far of just how much drop the car has received. I can agree with you that a good amount of drop is pretty retarded looking on a box. When I first became a member here, I did a photoshop of what the car would look like with 18s and floored. Ugliest thing I've seen. I have measured, two inches would be enough the fill up the fender gaps, and still look respectable. With the right set of wheels, it looks sick. That wheel visualization link that is stickied is what first gave me the idea. A 2 inch drop with 17 inch torque thrust style wheels looks sexy, without having a low pro look.

I then measured everything (overall height, fenders, etc.) and with the stock size wheel tire combination (17x8 with 245/55-17) it measures up to the rear fender just overlapping the rear tire (about half an inch) and the front at the just barely at the top of the front tire. Im trying to figure out though, how exactly to get some of the sag out of the rear end, might only get 1.5" for the back instead of two, to level things out. Then it would put it at the same level tire wise.
                          Last edited by hemihotrod402; 01-26-2010, 06:23 PM.

Comment

ok, this is kinda what im going for, the wheels look like ass because I cut them off of a pic of a camaro, but this is about the stance (maybe a tad higher). The wheels are the same as the one in my avatar (that Im getting in march)

EDIT: this is also the reson I think less drop in the back would be good, because it looks like it sags, i couldnt rotate the pic so the car set level ill proabably try to make a better one this weekend (when I have time to sit at the computer for a few hours)
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by hemihotrod402; 01-27-2010, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X