Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
    Just to add to the discussion about winter driving:

I HATE when they massively over-salt the roads. Driving home, there were a few times where I spun at less than half throttle on an ostensibly dry and clear road, just because of the thick powder of salt from doing two coatings of salt for an inch of snow. What good is salting if it makes the ENTIRE road surface slick even when it's dry? Not to mention what it does to the underside of cars and the greenery.
    True enough. Plus the fact that if it's snowed normally, it turns the snow into slush while it's still too cold for it to really melt completely, slinging slush all over your car and deteriorating traction further in a surprising number of cases and generally making life incredibly sloppy. I don't much appreciate having to clean salt stains from my boots, either.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
      Just to add to the discussion about winter driving:

I HATE when they massively over-salt the roads. Driving home, there were a few times where I spun at less than half throttle on an ostensibly dry and clear road, just because of the thick powder of salt from doing two coatings of salt for an inch of snow. What good is salting if it makes the ENTIRE road surface slick even when it's dry? Not to mention what it does to the underside of cars and the greenery.
      It can not snow for weeks here, and the roads will still be completely white from the salt. It's ridiculous.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
        That could be really exciting if the nearest oak tree was a mile or so away...
        Not to mention fun to watch for spectators.

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
          It can not snow for weeks here, and the roads will still be completely white from the salt. It's ridiculous.
          Yup..same here...Plus when its wet out ya get all that salty road spray..Ehhhh fucking shit..I go through a gallon of washer fluid....Then the car is one big salt lick..Ehh

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
            The traction control on the aero panthers is shitty,

The traction control on my '84 gm is a complex "smart" device that has been refined over the last 37 years of highly diverse inclement weather conditions.

"Winter was meant for drifting!" "Yeeeeeeeee-HAWWWWWWWWWW"
            '84 Grand Marquis
            Damn thing just keeps runnin'!

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important." T.S. Elliot

Comment

Maybe I'm an adrenaline junkie. My GM has an open 3.55, and very bald 235/75-15's. Ya know how sideways you can get one of these things and still save it?
              '84 Grand Marquis
              Damn thing just keeps runnin'!

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important." T.S. Elliot

Comment

I am in love with RWD in the snow. Unless it's icy and you gotta go uphill at an extreme angle from a dead stop....
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                  I am in love with RWD in the snow. Unless it's icy and you gotta go uphill at an extreme angle from a dead stop....
                  X2...LOL

Comment

Just as an update, I'm doing pretty well so far with the ballast in the position I showed a few posts back.
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
                      Yup..same here...Plus when its wet out ya get all that salty road spray..Ehhhh fucking shit..I go through a gallon of washer fluid....Then the car is one big salt lick..Ehh
                      Did somebody say salt lick?
                      Attached Files

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Working...
                      X