Brake Swap Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Swap Question

I am looking to lose the drum brakes on the back of my 87, and want go to discs. I have found a 95 that I can just take the whole setup off of, but before I pay for it, will it work and how much modifying would I have to do?
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

By whole setup, what do you mean exactly, the entire rear or just the brake bits? Swapping the whole rear is no big deal, mostly just need to plumb up the brake lines and there may be something with a different flange on the rear where it mates to the driveshaft. If you're talking swapping the brake parts over to your rear, thats a little more work but not so bad. Really the bulk of it is the brake lines and the e-brake cables.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

i have access to to the rear axles, caliper, caliper mounting brackets, and all of the other hardware, but I not the entire rear end, if thats what you mean. Thanks, That will give me something to do over the holiday weekend
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Working...
      X