This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rim dementions

I have just completed my BBS. I had to put some junk yard 16inch 96 Cartier wheels in the front to clear the brakes. Im going to buy some new rims from summitt. The problem is that they are asking information about the rim dementions that I do not know. I like the 96 Cartier wheels, so I want to base the size I get from those rims. Here is what I want. In case the link doesent work, Here is the drill down: Wheels and tires / wheels / US wheel / $50-$100 / 16 inch / 8 inch width / bolt pattern 5.4 1/2 . That is what I know so far. The web site asks what back spacing I need. It gives two options: 5.00 or 4.250. Which one should I use? Also, It wants an offset: +12.00mm or - 6.00 mm. Which one should I use? Another web site wanted to know the size of the hole in the center of the wheel for the hub. Does anyone know what size that is? to review:
    What back space do I need?
    What off set do I need?
    Whats the siz of the hole in the middle of the rim?

Here is the link:

Vehicle: 1965 Pontiac Catalina (fastback 2+2)
    Chasis: 1982 Ford LTD Country Squire
    Drivetrain: 302 V8 carb, AOD, 8.8 with 3.08 gears.
    Big Brake swap and front suspension completed.
    sigpic

Uh, read the stickies or search and find out how to measure your 16" wheels nad get the DUHmensions.

Offset and backspacing are similar, you just need one or the other.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

My wheels are demented too. Sometimes I have no clue on what they're thinking about.

Packman

Comment

My wheels don't like to think about stopping.

The rears like to think about going perpendicular to the fronts in rain.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Ok, Ill just read stickies all day then. Whats the point of posting when there are stickies. The stickies suck!!!! They take too long and they SUCK!!!! I want answers from real people so go fuck your self smart ass!!!!!!!!! Im on this site to ask. If I knew how to measure the rims myself I would not be here. I likw poating comments because people give small bits of advice as they post. The stickies do not.
          sigpic

Comment

8" wheel with 4.25" backspacing will fit pretty well. What particular US Wheel model are you looking at?

Like mrltd said, you only need to know either the offset or backspacing. Stock pre-'03 wheels have zero offset, or in other words, the backspacing is equal to half the rim width plus half an inch. For an 8" rim, that'd be 4.5" backspacing, so the 4.25" is pretty close and should clear stuff more neatly and offer handling closer to stock than the 3.75" BS wheels I ran for a while. :p
            Last edited by 1987cp; 09-02-2009, 11:37 PM.
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 82LTDQS View Post
              Ok, Ill just read stickies all day then. Whats the point of posting when there are stickies. The stickies suck!!!! They take too long and they SUCK!!!! I want answers from real people so go fuck your self smart ass!!!!!!!!! Im on this site to ask. If I knew how to measure the rims myself I would not be here. I likw poating comments because people give small bits of advice as they post. The stickies do not.
              You're a lazy dumbass! The guy who told you read the stickies is one of the few who actually took the time to compile the information in a fairly ordered form, so everything is in one place and people who use the search feature have a bit of easier time finding information they need. I for one wouldn't have wasted my time with that, as I think that if you ain't got the patience to read through a few search results to find the info you need, you really do not deserve any help whatsoever. And then here you come and tell the people who actually tried to help you out by creating the stickies (and updating them fairly regularly with new info too) to go fuck themselves, and that their work sucks... Well ya know what, I can explain you exactly how to measure your wheels, hell I can even go down to the basement and measure them up for ya and just give you the numbers, but I ain't gonna do neither - instead I'm gonna tell you to go fuck yourself, and google onto how to measure wheels, cause you really don't deserve any of our help here!

Comment

Alright, knock it off.
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

They wasted their time making them. This is a FORUM. Do you know what that means??? Not a "stickies" archive site. FAGGOT. Im canceling my account. Go fuck your self.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, I know what that means - it means you can ask questions, and if you're lucky enough someone will have the info you want and give you an answer. It don't mean the answer will be in any particular form you may like. And by the way, it's spelled "dimensions", not "dementions" - if you're demanding to be helped, at least you can put some more effort in it grammatically... Also no, I ain't gonna go fuck myself - instead I plan on spending some good quality time with my hottie ex-stripper friend Lynn in about half a day :evil:

Now that we're past the childish bullshit and the bickering, you're asking information about Mark VII wheels, correct? At least that's what I'm getting from you mentioning "BBS", as that's what was used on some of them... Stay tuned for the numbers.

Comment

Didn't I tell you two to fucking knock it off? Jesus christ!!!
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                      X