X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
    you will need 1" hubentric spacers btw
    Oh, do you know his backspacing?
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
      Oh, do you know his backspacing?
      He knows the LSC backspacing, ya goof!

Comment

Originally posted by Velvet Elvis View Post
        If they aren't the correct backspacing they wont fit.... I hope you know the fitment, or test fitted them.
        Yep, because most of the generic aftermarket wheels only come with Chevrolet backspacing, around 3.75", and are drilled with a Ford 5x4 1/2" bolt pattern....which won't work with a 15x8 wheel, 275/60R 15, and a Box.

Originally posted by HotRodLincoln View Post

2= I found a really nice set of LSC Turbines with brand new tires for $200, and I was thinking of running those instead, because I think they would look a little bit classier on a Town Car. Thoughts, anyone?
        Excellent idea.

Comment

Originally posted by John Deere Green View Post
          He knows the LSC backspacing, ya goof!
          Ah, unannounced topic shift - I thought they were still talking about the 15x8 rims!

I do remember reading that 3.75" was stock for a lot of RWD Chevys .... I had forgotten, but looking at the US Wheel website, they only list the 15x8 75 Series in 5 on 4.5" with 3.75" backspacing. Did okay on the 1" lowered Mercury with 255/60s, though. Could always just get a 245/60/15 ....

Comment

i have 275/60/15's on the back right now and 2.73 gears and it didn't change much performance wise. looks mean too. there about an inch taller over stock i believe. you would need between +6mm and + 25mm or so backspacing to clear alright... with wagon springs and truck shocks though. +6mm is perfect
            Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
            HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodLincoln View Post
              I want to run 265x50R15 tires at all four corners
              I have finally gotten around to beginning fitment tests using a pair of 265-50-15 Comp TAs I've had sitting around for a few years. The two rims in the attached pictures are identical US Wheel 75 Series in 15x8, 3.75" backspace, and the bald Radial TA shown for comparison is a 255-60-15.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                I have finally gotten around to beginning fitment tests using a pair of 265-50-15 Comp TAs I've had sitting around for a few years. The two rims in the attached pictures are identical US Wheel 75 Series in 15x8, 3.75" backspace, and the bald Radial TA shown for comparison is a 255-60-15.
                ....which is a moot point, because I think I recall seeing that BFG no longer makes 265/50r 15 tires....

Comment

What's your point? That size can still be had in something somewhat off-brand such as a Cooper Cobra or Mastercraft Avenger. There's a Hankook of some description also available in that size, I think. Not that I wouldn't personally much prefer one of these old V-rated Comp TAs, but if one were very strongly in favor of such a size, it can be had.

Perhaps more convenient would have been when you could still get a Radial TA in a 275/50/15, but I think that's been a while now. Of course, for an all-out effort that sees only limited street use, that size is available in drag radials of at least a couple of brands.

I had seemed to recall the 265/50 was available in the recent MT Sportsman ST street radials, but it appears that I had been mistaken.
                  Last edited by 1987cp; 01-23-2010, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Ive got some P215/70/R15's and don't have any clearance issues, here is a pic.

The 265/50s are probably taller though.
                    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
                      Ive got some P215/70/R15's

The 265/50s are probably taller though.

215 * .70 = 151.9mm sidewall.

265 * .50 = 132.5mm sidewall.

You sure the ones with the *shorter* sidewall are *taller* overall?

Comment

Working...
                      X