Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got new brake stuff, whats missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can always call local tire shops and ask if they've got a spiral lugnut remove sockt or "easy off" as I think they're sometimes called. Have them power the old wheel locks off with their big impact wrench, and bring along regular non-locking nuts to install in their place. I was actually able to get a shop to do this for me for free!
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Long story shorty, I was able to find a mechanic to come to the house and fix everything. I helped out here and there but he did most of the work. Great thing is that he inspected and replaced only the parts I needed so I was able to return some stuff and get some money back. The whole break job, new break line and chiseling the lugnut keys off costed $220! The brakes work great and now I'll be moving on to the next step! Thanks allot for your help guys!
      88 MGM 5.0 stock

Comment

nice!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Always satisfying to find a trustworthy mechanic.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Yeah, I'm pretty glad I met the guy. Super nice and price is very fair. Oh and if anybody was wondering why I couldnt get the lug keys off, its because it was some kind of hardened metal keys or something. Man what a total pain it was.
            88 MGM 5.0 stock

Comment

Working...
            X