Suspension upgrade questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension upgrade questions

So I went ahead and ordered a few goodies. I picked up the 1" lowering springs in the stickys and some new kyb GR-2's from rockauto in the stock crown vic section.

I've got the rear springs and shocks installed and it seems like the springs could fall out. Do I need to get lowering springs too? I didn't think 1" would make such a difference but they're shorter than that without any weight on them. Am I worried about nothing?

Those are the springs from the sticky

The shocks are the stock ones from rockauto.

Thanks in advance

When I dropped my 88 TC 2" in the front, I thought the same thing. Eaton Detroit's springs are very short, but no, they don't fall out. Car has been on lifts several times since then, and no problems so far. As for the rear, I don't know what to tell you, only that as much as I had to compress the stock coils to get them out, shorter springs shouldn't pop out. Don't take my word for it, though. I'm old school, the back end of my TC was lifted about an inch thanks to limo coils.

"No other man-made device since the shields and lances of the ancient knights fulfills a man's ego like an automobile." -Sir William

2011 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited- Black on black, ADTR sway bars, 19" Mustang GT rims, Heinous rear control arms, dual exhaust with Flowmaster 10 series mufflers. MHS Stage 2 heads/cams, 80mm MAF, 75mm BBK throttle body, Accufab plenum, Stainless Works long tube headers, Ford Racing 24# injectors. ADTR T56 swap with Hurst shifter. 264HP/298TQ at the rear wheels.

Comment

dont forget to replace the bushings and the ball joints up front while the springs are out
      excellent time for a big brake upgrade too!

those speedway motors rear springs were loose on gmgt's vic too but in 25k they havent fallen out lol.......solution would be some thicker insulators, or shorter shocks

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
      X