Front Wheel bearing housing and nut.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Wheel bearing housing and nut.

On my BBS, I purchased new front hub bearing units. I the weird thing is that the inner tube or race thing that the bearings rides on (the part that slips over the spindle) was one solid tube piece on the old one. The tube in the new units are split down the middle and are connected with a clip. I assume the old ones just needed the nuts tightened hard to a certain torgue lbs and it would spin freely no matter what. however, these seem to tighten and squeez on the bearings as I tighten the spindle nut. Kind of like the old days of bearings. Does anyone know what torque spec I tighten the nuts too, or do I do it the old way and tighten the nut till the bearing feels nuce and secure with ut binding. Im using all 2000 parts on the spindle side of the BBS. The tighter I make the nut, the less it turns like the old style bearings.
    Vehicle: 1965 Pontiac Catalina (fastback 2+2)
    Chasis: 1982 Ford LTD Country Squire
    Drivetrain: 302 V8 carb, AOD, 8.8 with 3.08 gears.
    Big Brake swap and front suspension completed.
    sigpic

I think its like 180 ft/lb. Pretty good amount of torque in any case.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yea that sounds about right

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I went and bought the 1998-2006 haynes book. Its 221 LBS. Thanks.
        Vehicle: 1965 Pontiac Catalina (fastback 2+2)
        Chasis: 1982 Ford LTD Country Squire
        Drivetrain: 302 V8 carb, AOD, 8.8 with 3.08 gears.
        Big Brake swap and front suspension completed.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X