Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5.0 Suspension bushings - Can you get poly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.0 Suspension bushings - Can you get poly?

I just picked up a 1989 Lincoln Town Car with 16k miles for 1500 all original exc battery. Does anyone make polyurethane bushings for the control arms? I already have poly bushings on my sway bar. Any other performance suggestions would be welcome. Right now I have factory HO headers, off road h pipe to slp loudmouths with 304 Mustang LX style duals and a cold air intake. My timing is bumped to 14 degrees. Smog equipment is removed. Is there anything else you can do to these cars?

yes you can get poly bushings. Moving to the supension forum.
    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Hello noob. We have tons of info. Please look around at all the stickies and faqs.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

yep, all the info you never wanted to know is in the suspension sticky at the top. As for motor stuff, thats in the 5.0/5.8 tech forum stickies.

Also, we need pics of this thing.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Oh ok, I found all of the tech forums. I didn't see those before. I also could use some help with getting pics up. When I try to upload them, the files are too big. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

are you using the attachment feature? looks like a paper clip. I never knew that they had a size limit. well to post pics just use photobucket.com and upload your photos. Then use the img tags already given in photobucket then paste that link into your text block.

OH..and if you are talking about an avatar or something...well just upload the pic to photobucket then use the link of the picture to make your avatar.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

jpg images are limited to 1024x1024 pixels and 781 kb. If your pics are larger, just resize them downward a bit .
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
              X