air suspension prob, 1990 TC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air suspension prob, 1990 TC.

hi peoples, just spent a couple hours searching and could not find what i need to know, prolly not using the correct search terms. anyways, a friend from work has a white 1990 tc versalles edition or something, that is having a prob staying aired up, so to avoid having to throw major $$$'s at it and then have something else to break i was wondering if there is a way to just throw some coils off of a vic or marq on it,

i haven't looked at it personally as i'm a big guy and it was pretty low so i really couldn't stick my head under there to look and see what it looks like under there. she said that after a while of driving it levels back up but when parked for an hour or so it goes flat. the compressor does work, prolly a bad leak in the passenger side bag as it leans that way really bad. almost sits on the tire, the driverside is just a little higher but still pretty darn low. anyways, tia.
    sigpic2004 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    07 P71 dual exhaust h pipe cat back with 24" glass packs Pioneer DEH-P6000UB HU Infinity 2 way 6x8's, Oz Audio 5x7 2 ways, Fultron Tweets, Infinity 1211a and Alpine type R 12"
    1999 vw bug work beater

sounds like a old leaky bag. on panthers you can throw in coils no prob.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

sweet, i'll tell her, thank you!
      07 P71 dual exhaust h pipe cat back with 24" glass packs Pioneer DEH-P6000UB HU Infinity 2 way 6x8's, Oz Audio 5x7 2 ways, Fultron Tweets, Infinity 1211a and Alpine type R 12"
      1999 vw bug work beater

Comment

i v don it on like 92 and 94 mercs too, jus take out the bags and throw some standard coils in.

Comment

What he said, you want coils from an 89 Towncar and the isolators to go with it. Just don't cut anything in case someone wants to go back to air suspension later on.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

gotcha! but as far as i can tell she wants to keep it until it dies, which i really don't blame her for, it really is a nice towncar, white with the blue carriage top, interior is in very nice shape for its age, blue leather. that contie lookin front end is the only part that i would change if i had it, maybe with the 95+ style if it was possible. thank you very much for the help.
            1999 vw bug work beater

Comment

we are glad to help!

Comment

I personally like the 1990 because its the only year of that body style with chrome bumpers. The 91-94 had plastic bumper covers. If I had a 91-94, it would get updated to the 95+ style tho.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

really? huh, never noticed lol. hmm, i like chrome too.
                  1999 vw bug work beater

Comment

the 1990 is the best couse of the areo and box mix, got the round body with the chrome and a 5L.

Comment

sometimes I wish I didnt have chrome bumpers
                      sigpic

Ltds Forever
                      My Wife Or My Car......Ill Keep The Car

Comment

Working...
                      X