Frame work pics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frame work pics...

Here are the pics from the beginning of the frame work....

Ran out of time and need some more metal and tools to finish it up. It needs quite a bit more replaced, but just that one section made a difference in the way the car feels.
    Attached Files
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

so do you have to brace the sections that you cut out to keep things aligned? what do you put on it afterwards in the last 2 pics?
    Ont And Canada PPL The Cookhouse in Dwight

91 Grand Marq . . . . . . 88 ho wagon (project) . . . . . . 80' Lincoln Mark VI

Comment

Feels better, huh? This is good news for me .... my car's been getting some rusty spots on the frame as well, and coincidentally feeling rather sloppy. I know the suspension bushings still need replacing, but the frame rust can't help. You did finish the body mount bushing job though, correct?
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by ÆJackacks View Post
        so do you have to brace the sections that you cut out to keep things aligned? what do you put on it afterwards in the last 2 pics?

Nothing.... it was worse before...those are rustholes-that I trimmed a bit, will do them another day. If I ever get a day off.

Bodymounts.... yeah kinda. Still need to do that one. It requires tearing the whole cargo area out and subsequently re-riveting the trunk floor back in.

Comment

Oh, wow ... had no idea the whole stinking back of the car had to be disassembled. Hopefully I'll be finding out about that first-hand one of these decades ......

Comment

Just the aluminum top section (which I'm sure requires taking out all the side plastic panels), and prolly drilling a hole in the floor to get to the nut and retainer. Only need to do that kind of stuff if the bolts break... which they do. A lot. Only one on my car, but it's in the worst place.

Comment

Oh, that's not too terribly awful, then. I was worried that steel had to come out ... reminds me, when I get my welder, I should weld up or otherwise make more elegant the holes from when I installed my rear shocks and didn't realize I really could get to them from underneath.

Comment

Some steel does... Not too much though. I hope. The one that I broke is a very simple fix on a sedan..

Comment

looks nice mang! good job!
                  couple more pieces and it will be done

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                  X