Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf View Post

thats what happens when you remove weight out of the front on tall stock springs with short 165R15 tires
    I like that height, but would like to run 215/70's How much weight did you remove? The engine?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. ~ George Orwell

1990 Crown Vic, 2006 Ford Fusion, 2003 Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by fordktpjoe View Post
      I like that height, but would like to run 215/70's How much weight did you remove? The engine?
      no a/c, no heater, no air box, aluminum radiator, carb with a MSD so i cut a lot of wiring. plus the small tires makes it look taller
      http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
      http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Originally posted by fordktpjoe View Post
        OK, same question as 351wcrayz, exept RAISE the FRONT of the car 2"?

Mine looks like some teenager got hold of it and "bagged" it. The top of the rear tire is up inside the fenderwell, and the front is almost there too.

I been dying to find out how GoodSam lifted Herkimer
        If you want it back to stock height, stock springs. Sounds like your originals are fried. if youj want it higher than stock, 1998 Grand Marquis front springs will give about 1 1/2" over stock height. Need wagon coils in the back to make the car level.

myself, I'm going back to stock rear springs. I rode in the S&S with it's stock springs. I fucked my car up bad, it rides like a dump truck by comparison. I already went back to stock front springs because I couldn't get anything else to sit at the right height.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          I rode in the S&S with it's stock springs.
          Ok, sorry, I am clueless....what is S&S?
          People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. ~ George Orwell

1990 Crown Vic, 2006 Ford Fusion, 2003 Ranger

Comment

the Stars and Stripes 87 towncar thats here.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X