Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, much much easier.

Autozone also uses a moog based PN system. Partsamerica is Adavance auto and I think Checker/Shucks/Cragen if that helps at all.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

There's some switching around happening with the discount chains... at Murray's they told me they used to be part of C-S-K but are moving over to being part of O'Reilly's. Partsamerica.com is only a guide to what's availble; every part number may not be available at every store, depending on who carries what brand (ex: Walker vs. Maremont exhaust products - Autozone and Murray's, and I think Carquest, carry Maremont, but NAPA sells Walker. Not sure about Advance.). Why so many stores share the Partsamerica.com web domain, I'm not sure.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Front springs: I got the TRW-CS7172 in my Lincoln, they are 1050lb/in so much stiffer than stock, but they will also lower the car somewhat. There is also the CS7172S, which is IIRC 1" taller, and will give you front ride height close to stock.

Comment

im using AFCO 1350# springs in the front of my 97, they are about 2" shorter, but the car sits at stock height in the front still
          http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
          http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Allright so NO ONE has a way to test to see if its the springs or the body mounts???
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I told you what to measure. Measure the frame to ground and the body to ground, see where there aer differences.

Irregardless, I can almost garundamntee that the mounts are shot.

Here's a cheap easy test... swap the rear springs side to side... see if the list changes

Comment

Allright, seems like its the body mounts but i will get under the car this weekend to double-check, Seems like its impossible to find replacements from what ive been reading on all the different threads here. so basically, unless i somehow modify a universal mount im screwed? Sorry i missed that first part on wat to check ive been busy the last few days and my mind is all over the place...
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

no factory mounts left anywhere
                  gotta use the es bushings and get a set of adapter washers from me and get new hardware......all in all about 350 bucks worth of goodies

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

350 dollars?? lol, if i had the money and what not I definitely would, haha I figured it was like 50-100 bux max for parts. I really appreciate the offer for the custom parts though. Oh i also examined the bushings today and they did not appear to have a difference in wear from side to side, although they are definitly deteriorating. I'll think about it but seems like ill just have to keep it the way it is, despite my urge to fix any problem that rears its ugly head...
                    -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, bodymounts add up, there are a lot of em.... Worth it though.

Comment

Ok, what about to RAISE the rear like 1-2"s? I want to raise the rear, or lower the front, whichever is the fastest and easiest/cheapest...Any ideas?

Thanks-

-Wes
                        sigpic1991 Crown Vic 351w 5.8L

Comment

TRW CC819 cargo coils for the rear.

Get em at Advance Auto.
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by 351wcrayz View Post
                            Ok, what about to RAISE the rear like 1-2"s? I want to raise the rear, or lower the front, whichever is the fastest and easiest/cheapest...Any ideas?
                            Easiest - what Tom said, rear springs pop right out once the shocks are disconnected.

Cheapest - whack a coil off the front springs (use an angle-grinder with a cutoff wheel), that's an automatic 2" drop right there.

Comment

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks View Post
                              Easiest - what Tom said, rear springs pop right out once the shocks are disconnected.

Cheapest - whack a coil off the front springs (use an angle-grinder with a cutoff wheel), that's an automatic 2" drop right there.
                              OK, same question as 351wcrayz, exept RAISE the FRONT of the car 2"?

Mine looks like some teenager got hold of it and "bagged" it. The top of the rear tire is up inside the fenderwell, and the front is almost there too.

I been dying to find out how GoodSam lifted Herkimer
                              People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. ~ George Orwell

1990 Crown Vic, 2006 Ford Fusion, 2003 Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by fordktpjoe View Post
                                OK, same question as 351wcrayz, exept RAISE the FRONT of the car 2"?

Mine looks like some teenager got hold of it and "bagged" it. The top of the rear tire is up inside the fenderwell, and the front is almost there too.

I been dying to find out how GoodSam lifted Herkimer
                                you can get it to look like mine did.

thats what happens when you remove weight out of the front on tall stock springs with short 165R15 tires
                                http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                                http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Working...
                                X