Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you just melt the old rubber out....you DO NOT press the metal sleeves out

ignore the pics these are the right sets
    front control arm bushings 61 plus shipping http://energysuspensionparts.com/pro...2E3150&cat=700

rear control arm bushings 85 plus shipping http://energysuspensionparts.com/pro...2E3151&cat=700
    if you buy both sets shipping is free

if you have a police package box you need to harvest civilain front upper control arms

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

How do the rear bushings change the ride/handling? I imagine the rear end feels more "planted" due to better lateral location, but does it increase binding?

Comment

ask mrltd he is my guinea pig

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

you rode in and drove the car Scott!

It's way more planted, it stopped wobbling on the highway. Much better control. It does increase bind, as any 4 link does with poly bushings, but it's not too bad. It's cheap, easy, and works. If you are worried about bind, just do the lowers in poly and the uppers with stock rubber replacements. I'm eventually going to do a 3 link on mine which will get rid of the uppers.
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

and don't replace just the uppers without doing lowers. Did that 2 years ago on my car and the "new" uppers are shot again. Cracked and sort of off-center looking. The rear bushings are another item on my to-do list.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
              you just melt the old rubber out....you DO NOT press the metal sleeves out

ignore the pics these are the right sets
              front control arm bushings 61 plus shipping http://energysuspensionparts.com/pro...2E3150&cat=700

rear control arm bushings 85 plus shipping http://energysuspensionparts.com/pro...2E3151&cat=700
              if you buy both sets shipping is free

if you have a police package box you need to harvest civilain front upper control arms
              I may replace my rears with poly bushings when I swap the rear.

The rears are no different for a police car, are they?

The front lowers are the same between police and civilian?

Also, do you have to burn the rear bushings out too? Or can they be pressed out/ removed any way possible. I know Scott told me ont time that burning them out won't hurt anything, but I'm just curious if there are other effective methods.
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I found the poly front kit for my '85, thought I would share the part numbers.

4.3132G (black)

4.3132R (red)
                1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                  I may replace my rears with poly bushings when I swap the rear.

The rears are no different for a police car, are they?

The front lowers are the same between police and civilian?

Also, do you have to burn the rear bushings out too? Or can they be pressed out/ removed any way possible. I know Scott told me ont time that burning them out won't hurt anything, but I'm just curious if there are other effective methods.
                  rear police should be the same as civi

front lower arms are the same I think, not 100% on this but I'm fairly sure they are the same.

If you're using poly in the back, you'll need the outer sleeves left in place, burning is the easiest way to do that. You might be able to drill or use a hole saw to cut the rubber but it'll probably be a pain.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The front lower arms use rubber bushings, not metal, so I'm assuming they're the same as civi arms.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Question, When I use the energy suspension website to conduct a search for my vehicle, it says that I am to use part # 4.3111 not 4.3150. Are they the same?
                      Vehicle: 1965 Pontiac Catalina (fastback 2+2)
                      Chasis: 1982 Ford LTD Country Squire
                      Drivetrain: 302 V8 carb, AOD, 8.8 with 3.08 gears.
                      Big Brake swap and front suspension completed.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thats wrong. The 4.3111 is for 72-78 cars. Again, there is NOT an application for 79-91 cars. We have experimented and found that the bushings for the later applications. Order what Lincolnmania posted.

Comment

Originally posted by murphmobile2 View Post
                          I found the poly front kit for my '85, thought I would share the part numbers.

4.3132G (black)

4.3132R (red)
                          You know those are for a FOX chassis baby LTD/thunderbird, right?

Comment

i post the right part numbers and a link to buy them and nobody fucking listens
                            Last edited by Lincolnmania; 02-04-2008, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Hey Lincolnmania, you were right bro. I called Energy suspension, and they were surprised to see that the 92-97 CV would fit. They didnt believe me at first.
                              Vehicle: 1965 Pontiac Catalina (fastback 2+2)
                              Chasis: 1982 Ford LTD Country Squire
                              Drivetrain: 302 V8 carb, AOD, 8.8 with 3.08 gears.
                              Big Brake swap and front suspension completed.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 82LTDQS View Post
                                Hey Lincolnmania, you were right bro. I called Energy suspension, and they were surprised to see that the 92-97 CV would fit. They didnt believe me at first.

Yeah, they don't know the full range of applications for their parts, funny huh? I told one of the larger sellers of ES stuff that the rear bushings would work 79-97, and that ES should update thuer application guide.

Comment

Working...
                                X