No announcement yet.

TC Aluminum Driveshaft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's not worth the hassle... and I had a CV and a TC AOD sitting next to each other and could only measure a max of 1" difference.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Well then we gotta do like truck boys do - lift the hell outta it, axle will move forward and shaft will fit just fine

note: need more coffee

Comment

My '90 CV has an aluminum shaft...
        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

any difference in performance? less vibration at high speed?

Comment

*shrug* hell if i know
            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

yes i need towny aluminium driveshafts

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

My Al DS eliminated vibration until well into triple-digit speeds. Probably helps a little in accel/decel with less rotational mass.

Comment

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks View Post
                  Well then we gotta do like truck boys do - lift the hell outta it, axle will move forward and shaft will fit just fine
                  Not to burst your bubble, but by lifting the vehicle that much it also pulls the driveshaft yoke out of the back of the transmission, so it would only exaggerate the inadequate length (trust me, I know all about inadequate lengths). Not to mention that it'd put the tires really close to the front of the wheel wells and would look terrible to say the least.
                  /boringeducationalresponse
                  2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat View Post
                    Not to burst your bubble, but by lifting the vehicle that much it also pulls the driveshaft yoke out of the back of the transmission, so it would only exaggerate the inadequate length (trust me, I know all about inadequate lengths). Not to mention that it'd put the tires really close to the front of the wheel wells and would look terrible to say the least.
                    /boringeducationalresponse
                    Damn man, why you have to take everything I say for serious? I know about the lift stuff, with them cargo wagin coils I have like 1" gap before my rear tires and 2" behind them, kinda annoying but not a whole lot I can do right now.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
                      yes i need towny aluminium driveshafts
                      Gotcha, I'll be on the lookout for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks View Post
                        Damn man, why you have to take everything I say for serious? I know about the lift stuff, with them cargo wagin coils I have like 1" gap before my rear tires and 2" behind them, kinda annoying but not a whole lot I can do right now.
                        Sorry- I only find jokes funny if they're true... which is why I get into so much trouble when I'm under the influence and telling jokes. No holds barred.

Comment

Working...
                        X