Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for these parts, please help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for these parts, please help!!!!

Im looking for front cross drilled or slotted rotors, where can I get them? Also I want to upgrade to a 3:73 rear end, Where can I get the gears brand new? Also I want to overhaul the complete rear end What parts/bearings will I need? Thanks so much guys!!!!

What year is your car?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

parts

1989 GM

Comment

There aren't any cross drilled brake rotors for your car; at least not that I know of. As for the gears, you should be able to get those direct from Ford, or from Jegs or Summit. For the rear rebuild, you'll want a ring and pinion installation kit. You can get those for between 70 and 110 bucks or so on eBay, depending on how complete a kit you get.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Haha... LMAO. Sorry, not any ricer parts available.

The rear axle is a FORD 8.8. Buy parts for that. Available anywhere. Including the gear install kit. THen maybe axle bearings and seals. Are you planning on installing weverything yourself? Properly installing gears requires a few specialized and kinda expensive tools.
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Thanks man!!!

Comment

for new gears use ford racing gears......best price i've found is on www.gefracing.com

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

What tools will I need?

Comment

Air tools are nice to have for getting the pinion nut loose, also need a torque wrench for torqueing the main caps and pinion nut, inch/pound bending bar type (not a clicker) torque wrench for checking pinion bearing preload and carrier preload, dial indicator for checking backlash, bearing race installer, slide hammer for removing old wheel bearings. It can be done (I did it on mine), but it's not for the faint of heart, and not for the beginner mechanic (not saying you are; I really don't know).

Comment

I'm gonna suggest doing a search on gear installation.

Here, since most people are too busy for google...

Differential Installation Instructions including Tool List, Disassembly, Inspection, Assembly, and more from the experts at West Coast Differentials
                    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Here's the writeup I went from; it's pretty good:

This Forum is for discussion of EEC-related subjects.

Comment

Weeelllll, I hate to burst the non-rice bubble but cross-drilled rotors do exist for these cars. I have seen a set with my own eyes. They are, however, basically worthless and won't actually do much useful for you as far as stopping power. If you want more stopping ability and don't want to upgrade the brakes, about the best you can do is police calipers and a high quality brake pad with all new brake parts up front.

If you're doing the rear, I'd suggest rear disc, or at an absolute minimum, 11" rear drums as an upgrade back there.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

supposedly powerstop makes a cross drilled rotor
                          http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/com...ef=au_pf_fb_cc
                          and so does SP Performance
                          http://www.rotorsandpads.com/F54-38-...x?count=0&of=2
                          but like gadget said, they aren't going to help that much, plus why go with the added expense. Just get a good quality disc (less tendancy to warp), not some cheap chinese junk, and a good set of pads, like Hawk or Performance Friction.
                          1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
                          1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
                          1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

Scott also has a set of the cross drilled rotors sitting around...
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              Weeelllll, I hate to burst the non-rice bubble but cross-drilled rotors do exist for these cars. I have seen a set with my own eyes. They are, however, basically worthless and won't actually do much useful for you as far as stopping power. If you want more stopping ability and don't want to upgrade the brakes, about the best you can do is police calipers and a high quality brake pad with all new brake parts up front.

If you're doing the rear, I'd suggest rear disc, or at an absolute minimum, 11" rear drums as an upgrade back there.
                              I've had good luck with the Performance Friction pads with wide, sticky tires and tightly adjusted rear 11" drums (all stock on my Vic). Bleeding the brakes thoroughly really helps pedal feel/firmness and allows you to threshold brake much easier. While I agree you can never have too much in the braking department, this setup is pretty good. Enough for my Vic's power levels, anyway. Want more? Look up switching over to the later style larger rotor/spindle/caliper assembly. Beware the higher ratio rears if you like to drive at high speeds on the highway; a new driveshaft might be needed.
                              Last edited by torquelover; 11-13-2007, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X