gears and springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like it sits nice how it is now.

ivan: really bad body mounts. The body will randomly move back and forth on the frame almost an inch side to side. Some days its centered, some days the right wheel is almost an inch closer to the outer edge of the fender than the left. You also have much higher rate springs than I do. Mine are 425 in/lb, and aren't yours in the 1000 range? That will make a large difference in the amount of wheel travel.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

1 Full coil will drop it quite a bit and stiffen it even more. I'd start with 1/2 a coil. Easier to remove than add....
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Oh yeah, forgot about yer body monuts issue, and the springs are like 1050 or so, and I absolutely hate them right now - there will be a thread about that soon.

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
          1 Full coil will drop it quite a bit and stiffen it even more. I'd start with 1/2 a coil. Easier to remove than add....
          True, true... I think a half coil would do it, it is leveling itself out, infact it has it's rake back!!

I'll repost some pics or something before I put it away for winter in a week or so to verify...
          1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
          1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
          1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

what car did you get the 3.55 gear form or will any rear gear form an 8.8 axel work?

Comment

murph: toldyaso

relik: any 3.55 ring and pinion for an 8.8 rear will work fine.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yea yea yea, lol.

It did level out some before I put it away tho... not as much as I'd like, but maybe more will happen when I start driving it again in spring...
                1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Working...
                X