No announcement yet.

recommended drag strip rubber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mrltd is right, if youre running street compound tires, don't spin them. When street tires heat up they secrete oils from the vulcanizing process that make the tire more slippery than when its cold. Street radial DOT approved "slicks" like nitto drag radials or bf goodrich drag t/a's are the only street legal tires that benefit from being heated up.

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf View Post
      im running around 12 psi in my DR's, i get a little sway driving on the street, but its fine on the track
      Oops, I left that one out. A neighbor's old Chevy Laguna (look that one up) was running around 10 in his, and drove it on the street that way. He rolled one tire off of the bead pulling into his driveway one evening.

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf View Post
        im running around 12 psi in my DR's, i get a little sway driving on the street, but its fine on the track

I never run below 14.

BFG recomends 12 as the absolute lowest pressure to run.

Comment

Originally posted by monterey1962 View Post
          --I plan to haul the racing tires to the track and change them there, so I don't need to have a tire that is streetable.

The best choice is to go with a full slick. You have a heavy car, and you need all the help you can get. As Pirate said, you should use a tall tire. 28 or 29 tall and 9.5-ish or so wide will work well for you.

Comment

Working...
          X