Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheels

I'm looking for the newer 16" Pi steelies with center caps. Anyone know where I can find them? I'd prefer them used since I'm on a TIGHT TIGHT budget. Also what size tires do newer PI's run? what's the width on the steelies 7" ? I'm thinking 235/60/16's all around on the '88 what do you guys think? any suggestions on steel wheels similiar to the PI's? Older dodge rallies?
    Resident diesel addict

Hmm, marketplace, WTB section. Ebay, etc....

Just so you know, all the 16 steelies on all the cars, including the civilian cars are all the same. Yes ,they are 7" wide. 235's will be fine. Stock is 225/60
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Thanks mrLTD. I figured all the steelies were the same. now to find some.
      Resident diesel addict

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
        Hmm, marketplace, WTB section. Ebay, etc....

Just so you know, all the 16 steelies on all the cars, including the civilian cars are all the same. Yes ,they are 7" wide. 235's will be fine. Stock is 225/60
        I thought 03- 05 cars with the 16" steelies had a different offset. They are the goofy looking "flat faced" wheels. I'm pretty sure they have a diff offset than 98-02 cars. The 03-05 wheels had problems too. I know the 04 I have had the wheels replaced. The problematic wheels had fewer perimeter holes I think. My 04 has alot of perimeter holes, and there was paperwork for the recall on the wheels.

06+ cars have 17" wheels.

I say the Dodge rallies if you're looking for a nice steel wheel. Not sure of your budget, but they can be bought new from Coker tire.
        These wheels don't rub and they look very nice. Most are 7" wide, but Coker sells different sizes. My brother has them on his car. I've seen them at swap meets (4 unbent for $75).
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

the 03+ wheels require a 1.5" wheel spacer.......same goes with 05+ mustang wheels. and i do believe these new weird fords lincolns and mercurys some of them are 5x4.5

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
            I thought 03- 05 cars with the 16" steelies had a different offset. They are the goofy looking "flat faced" wheels. I'm pretty sure they have a diff offset than 98-02 cars. The 03-05 wheels had problems too. I know the 04 I have had the wheels replaced. The problematic wheels had fewer perimeter holes I think. My 04 has alot of perimeter holes, and there was paperwork for the recall on the wheels.

06+ cars have 17" wheels.

I say the Dodge rallies if you're looking for a nice steel wheel. Not sure of your budget, but they can be bought new from Coker tire.
            These wheels don't rub and they look very nice. Most are 7" wide, but Coker sells different sizes. My brother has them on his car. I've seen them at swap meets (4 unbent for $75).
            All 03+ cars use different offset wheels. And again, all the steelies on those Pi or not are all the same. Amusingly the PI ones are the only ones they are actually doing the recall on.

And from what I've noticed, the dodge fullsize (charger/magnum) also use a similar wheel. Heck the SAP and magnum wheels look identical.
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by FastGallopingPonies View Post
              I'm looking for the newer 16" Pi steelies with center caps. Anyone know where I can find them? I'd prefer them used since I'm on a TIGHT TIGHT budget. Also what size tires do newer PI's run? what's the width on the steelies 7" ? I'm thinking 235/60/16's all around on the '88 what do you guys think? any suggestions on steel wheels similiar to the PI's? Older dodge rallies?
              Bummer, I just recently picked up a set of '98-ish police wheels off eBay for just $200. The RS-A-Plus tires still have some life left, too. I kind of pounced on them since I was wanting an extra set of rims and they were near Indianapolis where I could actually arrange to pick them up.

torquelover has 235/60 Kumho ASX's on his car, and they do fill up the wheelwells a bit more than my original-spec 225/60s.
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
              X