Rear Energy Suspension install today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Energy Suspension install today

Went up to Scotts yesterday and installed the 92-97 ES kit on the wagon. It was dirty, a PITA, and terribly amusing.

Cost, 110 bucks shipped.

Results: Incredible. The car is more planted, feels more solid. No wierd changes in direction when going over bumps. Nice and straight down the highway. Takes rough roads with ease, no hopping and skipping around. This 170K wagon feels so solid. Nothing like a 20 year old grocery getter should. It's great.

The removal was fun, lots of fire and stuff exploding. I have a short vid of the bushing removal process, which I will upload tomorrow
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Sounds promising then. I'm just going to be using rubber I think since I already paid for them quite some time ago, but I'm hoping to see similar improvements. I did the upper rear control arm bushings a while ago and didn't get much out of it. Hoping the lowers will help.

I also cranked down my front 4 frame mount bushings a turn or so and it helped a hell of a lot. The one under the B pillar on the passenger side was so loose the washer just spun free on the bolt head. Will try to put some extra twist on the others next week to see if it helps a bit with the looseness in back. I also need new better rear shocks, so those will probably help some as well.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Removal video...

Comment

Wow, looks like it was fun. i'm installing those bushings next week, i'l keep a hose on.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
        1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
        1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

yea watch where those bushings fly off to and make sure that the valve on the propane tank doesent leak when it's on lol.......sorry for the delay with the pics, i just got what seems to be stable connection again......on with teh pics!
          Attached Files

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

round 2
            Attached Files

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

round 3
              Attached Files

Comment

round 4
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice... Lotsa flames

Comment

The upper ones on the differential look a bit scary considering the gas tank is right there. When my upper rear ones were replaced, we had to finagle a ball joint press in there to get them out. Pain in the ass.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Lots of clearance around the gas tank. And most of the time I was aiming forward, away from the gas tank. The brake hose was an issue, and required a wet towel on it to protect it.

Comment

Damn, you ordered the last set. going to take at least 3 weeks for them to reorder

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                        1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)

Comment

From suspension.com? LOL, Scott and I cleaned 'em out.

Comment

yep, they said someone just bought the last set a couple weeks ago. was planning on putting in the new axle next week, but i really wanted new bushings. might just have to wait another month now.

Comment

I bought it last week. Just got it yesterday... Now I gotta send it up to Scott.

Comment

Working...
                              X