Another Shock Spring question :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Shock Spring question :D

hehe, like i said before im a newbie when it comes to shocks and spring;s..

And my ass end is sagging preety bad. ( mostly due to my tools in the trunk.)

So my question is what do i need to buy? Im sure it cant be to hard to put them on but i dont know what to ask for.. I want my ass end to be a bit higher then the front and i want to up grade on my shocks since im having to redo them anyways

Thanks mang's
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Post #7 in Faq for springs. Plain old sedan front replacements and the CC817's (sedan cargo coils) for the rear.

Shocks, take your pick for whatever fits your price range. Stock ford replacements, tokicos, KYB's....up to 2002 interchange.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Eh... i see the info.. And i know im a dumb ass.. But it doesnt make since to me :< But basicly if i want a higher ass end i ask for CC817's Springs? hehe

And all shocks are the same preety much? hehe. thanks Mr Ltd
      People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

No the shocks aren't, BUT, the nicer ones are fairly pricey. For most people the KYB's are fine. Heck, I was pretty happy with my gabriel PI/Taxi ones. and those were 20 bucks each at pepboys. The higher dollar shocks are also valved different for the higher spring rates, such as my 1000lbers.

Comment

hehe, nice on the pep boy ones , sadly i dont have a pep boys near me :/ humm. Ill get to looking at them via web cites

If you had to compare the stock shocks. Would you still say them 20$ ones are better? hehe.

Comment

About the same handling wise. Comparing new ones. You can get stock ones for a newer car and they will be better than the ones for the old boxes.

Comment

I've heard different stories about Monroe Sensatrac shocks. Does anybody here have them on their car? If so, how do you like them?
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Pretty crummy. Ran em on the mustang. Have them on the back of the wagon, just for testing purposes.

Comment

Eh, erm. Auto Zone's Shocks decent? A feller was telling me about them, with the lifetime warrenty. he stated that they where good. He just has to replace them about evrey three years.

Comment

Mrltd, didn't you use F150 shocks?? Or was that someone else...

I've got SensaTracs on the front, they aren't too bad really. Atleast I like them.

And the AutoZone shocks aren't bad, as long as you don't go with the Guardians. The Ultras are supposedly pretty good, and you can't beat the lifetime warranty.

But about the best deal you can get on shocks are the KYB's. They won't help with lift any. The only shocks that for sure help with that are air-shocks. They sell them in pairs at AutoZone for about $60 with lifetime warranties aswell, but your back-end isn't going to adjust to road conditions like gas shocks. It just stays where it's at. Both sides. Not the greatest for handling, but they'll lift the back up.
                    Last edited by murphmobile2; 06-19-2007, 05:56 PM.
                    1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                    1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                    1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Yes, running f150's on the rear.

I had sensatracks on my mustang, leaked within a year. Got them for the back of the wagon because I wanted cheap shocks to test.

Comment

Eh, is KYB umm. abrevations? cause i cant find anything named "KYB" like i said im an idiot with shcoks.. And ima prob take forever to actualy do this )

Strike this post Advance has them hehe
                        Last edited by DarkKnight; 06-19-2007, 08:07 PM.

Comment

KYB is a brand. Jeez man!

Comment

Will these fit on mine? It say's it will fit my year but only LTD not C.V. LTD

Comment

Yes, the CV and LTD stuff changed over the years....

Comment

Working...
                              X