Bodymounts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bodymounts...

So I've been working on finding some new mounts since you can't get them from Ford. From what i can tell, they all end up being the same compressed(installed) hieght, which is ~13/16-1" The durometer of the mounts are different at different spots. Obviously for NVH reduction. Well, so much for that. The ES universal mounts are damn close in spec and will just require a small reducer to go in the hole in the frame to match up with the OD of the ES mount. The ES mounts also cost about half what the Ford ones list for (even though they are discontinued)

I also noticed how flimsy the frame is. The towncars I have seen have crossmembers at the ends of the frame that tie them together. I want to get those or make my own with added bracing, and a brace that ties the middle of the car together would be nice too. ( and make a perfect torque arm mounting point )
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

hmmm interesting...do you have a link to a website or something? I may need mounts too...1983...
    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Search summit for "body mount universal"

Comment

Never knew about those braces on townies... Sounds like a simple upgrade.
        -Matt
        1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

.....is best for various applications which require firmer mountings. For high stress parameters such as: off roading/rough terrain racing, drag strip racing, road racing and on extreme-use vehicles.
          I do believe the waggy counts doesn't it!lol

Hey how much did you pay for the mounts?
          Last edited by interceptor1985; 04-29-2007, 12:21 AM.
          YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

They are like 22 bucks from summit. I haven't ordered 'em yet...

Comment

Working...
            X