Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the best tire setup for tudor (white letters im going with)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can do, I need to get under there again soon.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

so i see there is alot of opions so wat is the overall thought i dont want low profile look but a good look and i think if im correct 235s in back or 255s and 225 in front
      sigpic
      1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

I'd still say go with the 235/60 in the front and 255/60 rear - rear will be stock diameter but wider, front will be slightly wider and slightly smaller, not to the point where it looks bad tho. Don't do 235/60 in the rear cause they will look really small, damn wheel well is way too big to even run the same size of tires all around. That's the good thing about Towncars - wheel wells are the same size front and back, so you don't need taller tires in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic View Post
          Well see about that soon. I'm getting a set of wheels for the entire car and I'm going to try and run 275/40/R17 on all corners.
          I am speacking about the dimensions of these tires over all. The tires you have mentioned may fit well if they are no bigger or are smaller in dimension not tire size. The 275 50 BFGs on a 8 inch 0 ofset rim just barly clear the upper arm. The diameter barly touches the rear of the front inner fender well. At my ride height and spring rate the tire under extreme conditions can hit the top of the fender well. Hits the chrome lip actually not the fender. Have to go over like a curb faster than you would want to to do it almost bottoming out the car.

I attemped to put the 295s from the rear on the front. The side wall locked up against the upper a arm, A bigger dia wheel might clear as the arm would be possibly inside the wheel wheel flange. The larger diameter hit the inner rear frot fender well so bad couldnt turn the weel very far. Offseting the wheel out ward more to clear the upper a arm would have made hitting the inner fender rear worse. The tire stuck beyound the outer upper part of the fender well outsettint the wheel to attain clearance to the a arm wout make the tire sticking out worse. Wheel well would need flaired or cut out.

Most all the 16, 17, 18 inch rimms I compaired were smaller in dia or width than the than the 275 50 BFGs and would fit in the front.
          Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

I'd like to get a set of 17X9, 0 offset, with 275/40/R17 tires. That setup suposedly should clear. But I'm going to get the first 2 17X9s by them selves first and test fit them in the front. I know it will clear the fenders for turning because of the wheels I have now. The 245/60/R15 tires on my 15X8.5, about -24mm offset and they clear fine. The 275/40/R17 is about the same diameter, but with the 0 offset 9" rim it will be farther in than the negative offset wheel/tire combo I have now.

Comment

I'll go measure the control arm clearance now....

Comment

About 3/4" From the sidewall to the ball joint....Remember I'm running 2000 uppers...Which give way more clearance. That with the 255/50's, which I also compared to the 275's for sidewall bulge, they are the same.

Comment

What about the rim? The tire clears but is the wheel at least a half inch away?

Comment

well, since the tire bulges out almost an inch from the rim, yeah. Again, remember I am running newer control arms. It makes a huge difference.

Comment

Yeah I would like to do the upgrade all at once, but I think I am going to have to make custom uppers.

Do we have an accurate measurement of the bolt hole spacing, and the perpendicular distance to the center of the ball joint?

Comment

I think they still have wheels like mine there are about 6 or 8 designs they can be ordered in the ofset you want theey come in 15, 16 and 18".. They can only be ordered on line and have gotten a bit pricer over the years.
                        Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

I already called them up for pricing and it's $630 for a full set of 17X9 wheels delivered to Virginia. And if you happen to live in California, it's only $550 for the full 17X9 set. And they are 0 offset wheels, and they are hub centric.

Linky

Comment

Working...
                          X