Auto Level - Air Shocks question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Level - Air Shocks question

Ok I moved the ride height sensor to get the back down a bit cause it is raked alittle on my wagon. It didn't do anything and yes I adjusted the right thing. It has auto level if you forgot my title.lol Anyway I never hear the compressor running at all. Does this mean my air shocks are toast? If they are toast, what is a good air shock? I like a smooth ride, that is the main reason I wanted a box. Thanks.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

to test the compressor first make sure its harness is plugged in, the pop out the height sensor's linkage and push the lever up - that will make the sensor and the brain think the car's overloaded and should kick the compressor on. You will have to have the engine running and the doors closed tho.

Comment

Alright I will give that a try when I get the wagon out of the shop at school.
      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

You can do this with just the ignition turned on too. if the shocks are toast, the compressor will still go, it just won't hold air. I imagine if they're original Motorcraft shocks, the damper part is fried anyway. You can replace them with aftermarket generics and use the adapter to tie it in.

One problem I had with mine was the relay going bad. I can scan the diagnostics info from my 86 auto-level but I won't guarantee the wiring is identical. The whole test consisted of checking to see if there was power, and jumping ground to one of two wires. One operated the vent solenoid, one operated the compressor relay.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

there is also an air valve on the pump that you can bleed it down also
          Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Working...
          X