More $$ and parts for the wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More $$ and parts for the wagon

So, saw a sale for some stuff on corral. And after Uslydawg and Woody both blowing rears the same way, I decided to spend some $$ and get some upgrades. Bought a rear girdle, cap stud kit, and nice deep aluminum pan for the trans. Total damage of 250 bucks shipped. All parts are LPW performance products.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

I need to build another rear for mine before i break this one. Im thinking a full spool, some 4.10s, 31 spline axles, a good cover, ARP cap studs and ring gear bolts.
    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Full spool is going to suck sweaty balls on the street. If you want to do that just get an open carrier and weld the spider gears together. Works just the same for free.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Except a spool weighs less, and has significantly lower rotational inertia.

Comment

It still sucks sweaty balls. you'll be going through rear tires like nothing else if you're still daily driving it.
          2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Thanks for the threadjack guys. :stfu1:

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
              Full spool is going to suck sweaty balls on the street. If you want to do that just get an open carrier and weld the spider gears together. Works just the same for free.
              In over two months the car has been driven about 1 mile on the street. It has only moved out of the drive way once.
              http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
              http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Oh, okay.

:ahem:

Good finds, Mike!

Comment

Cheap stuff if anyone else is interested...

1- LPW racing Ultimate girdle $142 each
                  2- LPW axle brace kit for above girdle $95 each
                  2- LPW ultra low profile girdle $125 each
                  3- LPW main stud kits $24 when purchasing a girdle
                  1- AOD/AODE transmission pans $85 each
                  2- C4 case fill pans $83 each
                  2- C4 pan fill pans $90 each
                  email me at artsperformance@aol.com if interested

Linky...
                  http://corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=864499

Comment

Welding spyder gears doesnt hold up well. I cant tell you how many Ive seen broke. Ive broke one or two as well.
                    1989 Grand Marquis LS
                    flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Well, I know lots of offroaders who weld the spider gears and don't have any issue at all. Offroading puts a lot more stress on the axle parts than any street driven car I've seen.

Comment

Thats where Ive seen every one break. Off road. Mud does breaks everything.
                        1989 Grand Marquis LS
                        flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Mud doesn't break shit. It's wheel speed combined with suddenly gripping that breaks things. The ONLY carrier I saw having problems with welded gears was one that completely exploded. The welds held the whole time. If done properly it's not an issue.

Comment

Took forever to get delivered....A whopping 1 day.

Pic attached....
                            Attached Files

Comment

PICS!

Fits great, no clearance issues with the swaybar. Hopefully will keep the rear from exploding!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X