No announcement yet.

NO oil leak, possible timing issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did this, and da rotor under da cap points to #1 but da har. balancer is not on 0. about an inch off. if i move da engine so da mark is on 0 da rotor is pointed on #2 it looks like. a friend said i might need a new timing chain, gears, cap and gaskets.

Comment

line the timing pointer up with the zero mark on the balancer, then pull the distributor and set it so the rotor points to the #1 on the distributor cap.
      2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
      89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
      88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

The shop half assed the timing and shuffled the wires around to make up for it. Its possible to do this, but its not the correct way and causes confusion later.

For those vac lines, red is always manifold vacuum. One goes over to the junk on the passenger side fender, the other goes to the fuel pressure regulator.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

no vaccum leak, i checked all vac lines. took it over to another shop where they changed da timing chain and gears. 3-6 teeth on da big gear were broken. new chain and gears were put in, but still da timing was left as 8-1-.....etc. still stutters when i give it gas and still has da sound of rattling marbles in a can whenever i accelerate.

Comment

Once again... you need to set the igntion timing and firig order correctly.
            2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
            89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
            88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

make sure that no red hose is on the EGR valve - only the green. its will run like crap with a red hose on it (valve always open)
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Timing is still wrong. Make them fix the firing order and time it properly. Moving the wires to compensate for the distributor being misaligned is NOT the correct way to do it.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                X