Tranny install: TV cable adj. info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tranny install: TV cable adj. info needed

Trannys in, fit great, shift lever problem solved, now been told there's a "chatter" b/w the 1+2 and 3+4 shifts. Not enough TV pressure?

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

This is how you adjust it...13th one http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/index.html#

Comment

Not sure if its the tv cable adj.

thats given us (my mech.s are doing the install) the problems. Have seen the adj. info before but thanks.

Comment

Make it tighter. They chatter and shake if the pressure is too low. The shifts will also be too early. If its shifting into overdrive under about 45 mph, it needs more pressure.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

We all kinda new that was the orig. problem (shift cables fd now too) but my mech said they just couldnt get the tv cable to pull right and that something was wrong w/ it. Only got driven 2 miles under 35 and it did shift just not properly.

Comment

Working...
          X