No announcement yet.

air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I told yous guys someone found the perfect kit.

Originally posted by 91LTDProject from CarDomain
    This intake came off of a late 80's Integra. I had to cut about 5 or 6 inches off the pipe to make it work, but i was impressed with the way it turned out. I also had to modify the overflow/washer bottle by cutting it in half. The coolant resevoir position is only temporary, it will be mounted securly behind the front grill, but the grill is stuck. I also cut out some of the plastic fenderwell to allow cooler air to the filter.

Comment

They may draw in hot air but i bet they pull in cooler air than an open element on a carb'd motor.
      http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
      http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
        I told yous guys someone found the perfect kit.
        Great find Blaze, too bad it won'y work for us with the amenity of self-leveling rear suspension, the air compressor is right in the place where that filter goes Of course there are the select few with the '86 models that have the comrpessor in the trunk - Thain, go hunting for that untake man.

Comment

Move it. You have to move the compressor to get the filter there anyways. That is where the filter needs to go. Because then you could box it in and it will really be a cold air intake.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic

Anyone figure out exactly what year Integra that air intake is off of? My new intake runs a straight pipe from the TB. "Air doesn't like to bend or turn".

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
            Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
            5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by N A
              Anyone figure out exactly what year Integra that air intake is off of? My new intake runs a straight pipe from the TB. "Air doesn't like to bend or turn".
              Whatever bends you have in that pipe is nothing compared to the bending and turning it has to go through in your intake.
              http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
              http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

It's actually and early 90s intake.

Ebay Liny 1
                Ebay Liny 2
                Ebay Liny 3

Comment

If you want true cold air from this point, just make a box like the Mark VIII guys do and force it to suck air through that big hole forward of the overflow/washer tank. Change out the fan shroud for a 1990 Townie one (overflow is built into the shroud) and use a late model panther wash bottle that tucks into the fender, and you're golden.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

And get a spacer for the upper intake manifold that will help keep it cool too!
                    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                      If you want true cold air from this point, just make a box like the Mark VIII guys do and force it to suck air through that big hole forward of the overflow/washer tank. Change out the fan shroud for a 1990 Townie one (overflow is built into the shroud) and use a late model panther wash bottle that tucks into the fender, and you're golden.
                      Think you could get us any pictures. That's got me curious as to what it would look like.

sigpic
                      - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Installing an HO intake over stock fuel rails = not a good idea. Already got the spacer, intake gets just as hot as before. And mind you, I have two bigass holes right above it to ram cold air, while that helps lower the overall engine bay temperature the intake itself just couldn't care less. Relocating the compressor seems like it's gonna be a major pain in the butt.

Comment

heres a shot of the coolant/washer tank change

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

On my '87 I have a billet coolant overflow tank I got from jegs,mounted on the shroud.I deleted the washer system because I did'nt feel like taking the time to fix it,or relocating the tank.Now I just have alot of measuring and fabricating to do on the CAI Filter Box,and I'm done.
                            Last edited by LTDMan83; 08-09-2006, 01:25 AM.

Comment

ooohh!!! Ive seen those aluminum tanks while i was looking for my friends mustang.

Do you have any pics of under the hood??? I'd like to see how the tanks looks
                              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                              sigpic
                              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I think I'm going to buy one (about $50 shipped) and test it against my current intake.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                                Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                                5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X